Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Tenderloin?

Options
wilco1
wilco1 Posts: 22
edited November 2011 in Pork

I need some help cooking 2 pork tenderloins.  What temp do and direct or indirect?

Comments

• Greygoose
    Options
    indirect at 275-300. pull and rest when internal hits 140.

Greygoose
  • wilco1
    wilco1 Posts: 22
    Options

Use plate setter then?

• Knox
    Knox Posts: 6
    Options
    I've done mine as direct at 350 and they've been fantastic. Takes about 35-40 minutes to get to 140. Don't forget to turn occasionally so you don't burn. Good luck!
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    Direct is fantastic. I go 400 to 140
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Greygoose
    Greygoose Posts: 103
    edited November 2011
    Options
    i use the plate setter. no need to turn it and no risk of burning it. why open the egg if you dont have to. Just let that sucker smoke in there untill its done. put a drip pan in there and fill it with a mixture of water, apply cider vinegar, and apple juice. 
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    I grill them like steaks, sear close to the lump, season after searing, then raised grid to 140ish internal.  Depending on how thin the tail is, you may need to use a skewer to bunch the ends up.  It may need help on flavor, but the pork tenderloin is one of the better meat cuts at it's price range.....did these couple nights ago....t

www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Greygoose
    Options
    Drip pan with all that? WHY??????
    before the meat starts dripping, the contents of the pan steam there way up into the meat keeping things moist. my hopes is that the other ingredients will give the meat some additional flavor. I have a rice steamer at home that has an area to add spices that give the contents additional flavors as they cook. i use the same concept in the egg. once everything has boiled away, the meat tends to be hot enough to start dripping into the pan.

Greygoose
  • Chemical Eggineer
    Options
    Rice absorbs an enormous amount of water when cooking, so it makes sense to season as it cooks.  As far as meats go, it may help a little, but I really doubt it can be detected.  However, if you don't mind the added cost, go for it.  It certainly can't hurt.
  • Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Options
    I was planning on doing some prok tenderloins tonight as well. I usually grill them direct until about 140 and let them rest. Tonight, I am going to try out a new rub from a secret santa and go direct with a raised grate 375-400 turning about every 5 minutes until they get to 140. Should take about 25-30 minutes.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• Lucas
    Lucas Posts: 1
    Options
    Absolutely looks great!!  I think 350 direct is the best way.  They have been delicious!!!!
  • TurtleTiger
    TurtleTiger Posts: 93
    edited December 2016
    Options
    Reviving an old thread.  Trying a pork loin tonight at 300 indirect, dizzy dust, Apple smoke, and Buffalo Trace Bourbon Barrel Char in foil on the plate setter. 
  • SmokingPiney
    Options
    Holy Necro, Batman!  :)
    South Jersey Pine Barrens. XL BGE , Assassin 24, Weber Kettle, CharBroil gasser, AMNPS 
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    wilco1 said:

I need some help cooking 2 pork tenderloins.  What temp do and direct or indirect?

I know that I'm a little late, but I have got to ask, how did the pork turnout?

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out.