Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers, ABTs, and Fries... Oh My! (pic heavy)

Rezen73
Rezen73 Posts: 356
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Going out of the country (back to the US!!) in 1.5 weeks so not too much time to cook, so figured I'd do something easy today. Burgers, ABTs, and some french fries!

Jalapenos cored and ready to be stuffed. Stuffing of the day is pork sausage with a few herbs/spices - marjoram, oregano, basil, thyme, red pepper flakes, garlic powder, salt, pepper...

IMG_6196.jpg

The burgers were made from some 85% "lean" ground beef, cut with the remaining pork sausage after stuffing the ABT's.

IMG_6198.jpg

Seasoned only with a little kosher salt, ground black peppercorns, and a few drops of fish sauce on each side:

IMG_6200.jpg

After I wrapped the ABT's with bacon, I dusted them with some leftover rub from last week's boston butt cook.

IMG_6201.jpg

Some onions and jalapenos getting a little charred on the egg.

IMG_6204.jpg

Ready for the burgers!

IMG_6205.jpg

The ABTs started to burn on the grid, I guess due to the high brown sugar content in the pork rub, so I had to finish cooking them in the CI skillet.

IMG_6206.jpg

Next up: some bacon for my burger!

IMG_6208.jpg

Topped with Swiss cheese (they gotta be all fancy and label it "Emmental" here... hehe)

IMG_6210.jpg

Burgers on. I'm really on a CI skillet burger kick. I really like the crust that forms when you cook a burger in the skillet.

IMG_6211.jpg

BurgerZoom!

IMG_6212.jpg

Flipped! Ready for the toppings.

IMG_6214.jpg

Sauteed onions & jalapenos:

IMG_6216.jpg

Topped with Swiss cheese (and the bacon)...

IMG_6218.jpg

Egg toasted bun:

IMG_6223.jpg

Plated. Probably my favorite "burger" (almost more like a patty melt) ... beef, grilled onions, grilled jalapenos, cheese, and bacon. and that's it :D Served with some french fries fried in duck fat, a couple of ABT's, and Belhaven's Best to wash it down :D

IMG_6224.jpg

Good stuff.

Comments