Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Egging in Vermont

2»

Comments

• Le Oeuf Vert
    Le Oeuf Vert Posts: 512
    Looks like heaven up there. Glad to see you had a good time. Hope to run into you again at future Fests.
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Looks like a terrific time was had by all!!! My kinda vacation!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    You are next, Mol! :):whistle:
  • cookn biker
    I knew that Julia. :laugh: :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Auron said he is not really happy about Tucker. Right at 100 degrees hear and he's not real happy about anything!! :laugh: Looks like a great time Faith! I had to laugh about the boonies and fire. Seems "redneck trash" is "redneck trash" no mater what side of the Masson Dixie line you are on! Nothing we like better than a good meal, good drinks, good friends and a good fire down hear! :woohoo: Come to think about it I'll skip the fire thank you for now!! bill has been sending me pics of his vacation on the coast of Main daily wearing a sweat shirt and such standing on a rock sticking out in the ocean with a sailboat in the back ground while we work on two months with out a rain and 100 degrees temps!! :angry: I hope he chokes on a lobster!! :P
  • Here is another one of Tucker for you, Carolina Q~

P6264371.jpg
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Hi JL, in case you didnt notice, I am wearing a long sleeved shirt, 2-3 layers in each pic! I brought 1 pair of shorts, but never wore them. It was a nice change from the heat in FL.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

• Capt Frank
    Capt Frank Posts: 2,578
    Great post Faith, super pictorial, looks like you hit it in perfect weather. Couldn'r help but notice your Vermont summer outfit compared to Julia's, kinda looks the same as what we see at home in February :laugh:
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Faith, what a lovely way to spend a vacation! I loved the pics of Julia's and David's piece of heaven. I got a chuckle comparing your attire to Julia's. :lol::lol::lol: Didn't you know that particular week was summer time in Vermont?
  • cookn biker
    So you froze your ass off? :whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Molly, I didn't freeze at all. It's hard to freeze with 12 blankets on top of you! By the time we went boating, I was down to 3 blankets.

• Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    What an awesome post Faith! Looks like you all had a very enjoyable time! It's pics like this that makes me miss the North, but then I remember all the snow pics... :blink: :laugh: Looks like a blast, and of course, the food looks wonderful!!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    What a delightful time for you all....great friends, great food. Doesn't get any better than that. Love the pictures of their place - I wish I lived in the country.... :)
  • uglydog
    uglydog Posts: 256
    Faith, great narrative and wonderful pics of a good time. I hope you took some Vermont Maple Syrup home with you. Once you get hooked on that stuff, there's no going back to Aunt Jemima's or Mrs. Butterworth's. It's kinda like Egging- makes you a food snob to maple syrup, just like being a food snob to any food prepared other than on the Egg. Thanks for the pics. Uglydog
  • WWSis
    WWSis Posts: 1,448
    Uglydog, Faith mailed a VERY heavy package home before she left yesterday! ;) I hope she likes it! :whistle: :P
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Great post Faith and Julia and Dave and Tucker and farmer guy all in Vermont.

It looks like you all had a wonderful time. It was fun reading this post Faith.

I would say you all had a great time together. ;)
  • Maple Syrup, check...

Egg Food Snob, check...

• Griffin
    Griffin Posts: 8,200
    Great pictures, Faith. Looks like y'all had a good time. Any chance of sending some of that weather down to Texas?

And just printed out your crabcake recipe. Its going in my "To Do" folder.

Rowlett, Texas

Griffin's Grub or you can find me on Facebook

The Supreme Potentate, Sovereign Commander and Sultan of Wings

• vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Great photos and a great time for sure....it looks like a great place to have a VT mini fest.... ;)