Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT's With Shrimp Question..

Rascal
Rascal Posts: 3,923
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Cook the shrimp before assembling? Thanx!!~~

Comments

• Rezen73
    Rezen73 Posts: 356
    No, in fact, you may want to par-cook the bacon and leave the shrimp raw.. the shrimp will cook much faster than the bacon.
  • Smokinb
    Smokinb Posts: 103
    I assumed you would, but the peppers are roasting so log you probably can cook them with the pepper. Try a few both ways and let me know what's best! :P :P
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    I second your thinking.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • What our friend from Aberdeen said

These were done without par cooking the bacon - I have par cooked the bacon and they are more better. Also like a little rub on the swimps
    IMG_2452800x600.jpg
  • WarEagleDG
    WarEagleDG Posts: 23
    ok, I've got to ask... What does ABT stand for? I get that it's Jalapeno's with Bacon and what appears to be cream cheese; I jut don't get the name.
    And "Par"? do you mean "Pre" cooking the bacon?

And "Frank From Houma", we warned all the ducks when we saw them in Glendale, they have no idea what they are in for!
    War Eagle and pass the Sauce!
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    to each his own, but the time I tried to be fancy using shrimp we found the ABTs were too far bland and therefore not worth the time nor money.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    ABT...Atomic Buffalo Turds.
    Kind of a generic term for stuffed peppers wrapped in bacon.

"par" would be partialy cook. It helps render out some of the fat and shorten the final cook time to get the bacon crisp w/out over cooking the pepper/cheese stuffing.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas