Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

the sky is falling!!

Options
Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
15 HOURS 16 MINUTES AND 52 SECONDS to forum detonation. Not enough time to do my bucket list of cooks I guess.. :P :whistle: :woohoo: B) this is almost as suspenseful as the may 21 thingy!!
all tongue in cheek of coarse and a useless post.
Picture1036.jpg
hope I am not in the same boat as my poor taters :(

Comments

• Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    I'd say watch that flaming gasket from making a flaming deck rail. :laugh:
  • Zippylip
    Zippylip Posts: 4,768
    Options
    Cripes Julie, for a second there you had me going. Had you not pointed out that you were only joking I’d’ve spent the day running for cover. And by the way, shame on you for joining those that might believe something other than a post that includes a step by step cook on the BGE is appropriate. I always thought you were better than that
    happy in the hut
    West Chester Pennsylvania
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    Have some wings with those tators :laugh:
    photo-43-1.jpg
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Fidel
    Fidel Posts: 10,172
    Options
    That is, bar none, the absolute worst (in a funny way) cook I've seen posted here.
  • Mainegg
    Options
    But wait I can do a step by step for those lovely taters! First light mini egg and go wash and dry and evo and sea salt some nice fresh maine reds. check the mini to see how temp is and set up raised grid but NOT indirect. place taters on pizza screen and THINK it might do something to protect the poor little buggers. at that moment get a text from you son that he just emailed the pics of your new grandson coming home from the hospital.... loose all track of time drooling over the little bugger and wishing they were not 3 hours away.... smell something very hot and go running for the gazebo hoping you have not burnt it down ! :woohoo: so it is not a worthless post after all LOL!
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I do not think we should open a restaurant together Micky LOL
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    you continually fail to give me credit for that recipe.
    rotdog.jpg
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • LDD
    LDD Posts: 1,225
    Options
    wing shaped lumps of coal :)
    context is important :)
  • Mainegg
    Options
    I still can not understand how someone who can turn out such incredible stuff can do that also..... LOL makes you more human I guess LOL
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,674
    Options
    This could be a project for Leroys next film epic: Green Egg Meals From Hell :evil:
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now). Plus a couple Pit Boss Pellet Smokers.   

• Grandpas Grub
    Grandpas Grub Posts: 14,226
    Options

Those three pictures will give me nightmares for weeks. :laugh: :laugh:

• Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244
    Options

That's amazing! . . .and to think those were once organic, living tissue! They look just like my only brisket tasted! I didn't know at the time to keep photos of it but a hockey puck would have been more appetizing. I hope there were adult beverages involved, at least you will have a better excuse then I did with my brisket. :laugh:

Blair

• Zyme
    Zyme Posts: 180
    Options
    ...I thought the charcoal goes under the grill. What else have I been doing wrong?
    :ermm:

:laugh:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Ditto!

ABT_after.jpg
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Oh, how I wish I had done this on the egg instead of in the house!!

My house reaked for WEEKS after this. Definitely a great reason to burn stuff outside on the egg!!

P3244264.jpg
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • Little Steven
    Little Steven Posts: 28,817
    Options
    Sour cream, chives and butter would have fixed them right up Julie B)

Steve 

Caledon, ON

• ShedFarm
    ShedFarm Posts: 499
    Options
    I liked your second picture that just shows a pot of ash-goo in it...

Weeks to get rid of the smell, eh? I was wondering how long it took to finally clear the air.
    BJ (Powhatan, VA)
  • Mainegg
    Options
    now look at my poor post :( it has been turned in to a brunt offering post and it was a count down post!! sometimes things just evolve B)
  • Sundown
    Sundown Posts: 2,980
    Options
    human?! I don't think so Julie.
  • LoisLane
    LoisLane Posts: 94
    Options
    I think sooner or later we all get our turn at the "burnt offering" dilemna.

So- to know when to expect it most... were those photos above due to:
    a) unexpected flame up
    b) temp in egg soared beyond expectations
    c) forgot to watch timer/ got stuck on the phone or inside dealing w/ a child etc
    d) a combination of the above ?

Those wings really crack me up for some reason. Altho I bet I won't find it so funny when it happens to me and I am hungry. :unsure:
  • Mainegg
    Options
    C for me Lois :) pics of brand new grandson on the PC LOL