Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Sausage fest 2011

cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
What a great time doing this project!! SO worth making your own!!
Saturday we chopped pork butts.

SausageFest-2011017.jpg

You can see the bones in the back left.

SausageFest-2011018.jpg

Bones.

SausageFest-2011022.jpg

Till tomorrow.

SausageFest-2011023.jpg

Breakfast of Pheasant Neuberg and basmati rice.

SausageFest-2011027.jpg

Miko crashed out.

SausageFest-2011026.jpg

Ready to start the day of processing. :whistle:

SausageFest-2011028.jpg

Bones going on.

SausageFest-2011029.jpg

SausageFest-2011030.jpg

SausageFest-2011035.jpg

Bones getting beautiful.

SausageFest-2011037.jpg

Samples of our first batch. Chorizo and Italian.

SausageFest-2011042.jpg

Second grind.

SausageFest-2011049.jpg

SausageFest-2011054.jpg

SausageFest-2011057.jpg

Time to grind the briskets.

SausageFest-2011058.jpg

Putting Kyle to work.

SausageFest-2011060.jpg

Apps of Chorizo poppers before the brisket burgers.

SausageFest-2011062.jpg

Miko

SausageFest-2011063.jpg

Jon manning the large.

SausageFest-2011065.jpg

Yummy!!!

SausageFest-2011077.jpg

Playing with the casings. They really are very forgiving.

SausageFest-2011088.jpg

Sucking Kyle in again.

SausageFest-2011101.jpg

SausageFest-2011090.jpg

Our first one....woohoo!!

SausageFest-2011102.jpg

Ku is all over the sauce for dinner.

SausageFest-2011103.jpg

Kari whipped up a nice caeser dressing.

SausageFest-2011108.jpg

SausageFest-2011112.jpg

Got cheese.

SausageFest-2011118.jpg

Yum!!

SausageFest-2011120.jpg

Monday Morning Kari was busy.

SausageFest-2011123.jpg

SausageFest-2011126.jpg

Breakfast was our chorizo and eggs with torts.

SausageFest-2011127.jpg

Pasole getting jiggy.

SausageFest-2011129.jpg

We had 3 more batches to do this day, chasing time.

SausageFest-2011131.jpg

SausageFest-2011130.jpg

SausageFest-2011134.jpg

SausageFest-2011138.jpg

ALmost time to eat.

SausageFest-2011146.jpg

SausageFest-2011149.jpg
SausageFest-2011148.jpg

My cooler stuffed for the trek back home.

SausageFest-2011169.jpg

A whole bunch of sausage going on.

SausageFest-2011171-1.jpg

SausageFest-2011172-1.jpg

Terrific way to spend a long weekend!!
Hat's of to Kari!!!
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• kolbdriver
    kolbdriver Posts: 403
    Lotta work, Lotta fun, You guys are the greatest . Everything looks wonderful. Hope there is some left when we get to the wild west....

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,759
    HOLY WOW! What a great post of fantastic food & friends!

Good to see the dog wasn't chewing on DOW's thermopen! :laugh:
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    Yea, you guys are coming!!
    Serving fresh sausage!! ;)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    It was great fun Dan!!
    Saving some for the fest. :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    WOW!!! you guys are unreal!!! Very nice job!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Looks like it was a fun time Molly. Any plans to take the show on the road,,, say Florida? :whistle: :laugh:
  • Wow, Molly, is all I can say! Great pics! And I can tell you had a great time. You are going to have to ration those sausages til the next time you do a Thelma and Louise weekend!
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • cookn biker
    Fun, fun Julie!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Planning a Florida trip, just not sure when Pat. I am ready to open a sausage house though. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Faith. No rationing here. My four parents will get some, the rest for the Denver fest. Of course some for me.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • c tredwell
    c tredwell Posts: 575
    Wow! y'all were buuussssyyyy! :woohoo: Looks fantastic....I was a little worried about the pics when I saw the post title..... :whistle::whistle: :ohmy: :woohoo:
  • cookn biker
    Hahaha....thanks Chris, good time doing this!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,676
    Schedule it around one of the fests B)
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    Wow! Looks like a sausage Jammin party. You girls sure do rock and roll. :cheer:
  • cookn biker
    Back atcha with the Pearls. Can't get'em here.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    I'll try.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Fun times Clay!! Should have a Sausage Eggfest. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Gator Bait
    Gator Bait Posts: 5,244

Great post Molly and Congrats on the very successful Sausage Fest 2011. A great time had by all for sure! :)

Blair

• cookn biker
    Thanks Blair. :laugh: B)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Clay Q
    Clay Q Posts: 4,486
    I would go and be a test cook. :woohoo: Have beer will travel.
  • cookn biker
    So see you in Denver... B):):whistle:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Thanks Susan, fun times. We talked of fish sausage.. :woohoo:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Hoss
    Hoss Posts: 14,600
    ROCK STARS!!! ;) OVER the top Molly.Now go get a waterhose for that Dakohta stuffer! :blush: Sorry I forgot to tell ya about that.I had one laying around and it never entered my mind to tell you that you would need one.Sorry! :blush:
  • KMagnus
    KMagnus Posts: 114
    Looks like some really awesome food and probably even better stories to tell recounting these days.

I would have used "WOW", but too many others beat me to the punch!

-Ken
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Holy shite Mol! No wonder you foolz stopped calling, you were too busy! BEAUTIFUL! GONNA GET ME SOME O THAT IN DENVER!
  • WokOnMedium
    WokOnMedium Posts: 1,376
    Holy shite Mol! No wonder you foolz stopped calling, you were too busy! BEAUTIFUL! GONNA GET ME SOME O THAT IN DENVER!
  • cookn biker
    Yes you will Staci! Good stuff!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"