Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I cooked some'en: Beef and pig

Options
JLOCKHART29
JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
I am alive......Yes that may be a shock to some but I am still around and still can't spell! :laugh: Have had only two days off since I saw yall at Oklahoma Fest. I had a 24 hour turnaround yesterday from nights to days so I fired the Medium for the first time in over a month!! :pinch:
foodJune2011004.jpg

Poor Medicated bill has been taken over by the spiders as well.
foodJune2011006.jpg

Nothing fancy this time folks. It's 3:20 am right now and no time for fancy yesterday. Course hears the raws:
foodJune2011007.jpg

Chops were for me. 325 pit pulled at 135-140 Thermapen and rested till stakes were done.
foodJune2011009.jpg

Ribeyes at around 450-500 till 130 internal
foodJune2011014.jpg

My Lionheart is still beutiful even with the near 100 temps and hot summer sun.
foodJune2011008.jpg

Auron turned one May 30th. Ya'll haven't seen him in a while but he's doing fine. Acting like a rebelous 16 year old boy and needing a little "tough love" but he's starting to understand the big picture. Doreen shot him hearing the Harley coming home from work.
foodJune2011001.jpg

Tough love!! :P
foodJune2011015.jpg

First pepper of the year. Pulled it a little small but could'nt wait!
foodJune2011016.jpg

Comments

• Frank from Houma
    Options
    It's about time you got off your unaggressive butt and egged some proper food for the lovely Miss Doreen. Working 16 hour graveyard shifts is no excuse.

Nice to see you in da hood B)
  • Austin Smoker
    Austin Smoker Posts: 1,467
    Options
    Good to see you JL!

Love the pic of Auron hearing "daddy" come home from work! Classic.

And that's not "tough love", it's cruel and unusual punishment for that teenager! :laugh:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    Bout time you contact Andy bout that Mini, boy B)
    Think Doreen is suffering more than Auron :unsure:

When is the house raising party? You should have enough OT to add a nice deck :)

Glad you still have the BGE touch :kiss: Nice grub!
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    I need some of that tough love!!!! It's amazing the way our babies (we have a huskie) get attached to us...their anticipation of our arrival home, and of course our "tough love"....

Hey - you need to talk to someone at work about putting in more hours - I think you could set a record for Ripleys....all that work is going to wear you out. Hope you are cramming in much needed rest every now and then.... :)
  • eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Howdy Stranger! Welcome back. :)

I don't know how you can do that poor Auron. :( Glad you finally got to egg. The steaks and chops look good and congrats on your first pepper harvest of the year.
  • Beli
    Beli Posts: 10,751
    Options
    Great to hear from you Deane, nice cooks and the japanese maple is got some fantastic colour.Take care & don't work too hard
  • ranger ray
    ranger ray Posts: 812
    Options
    wow! ..... that's a nice puppy!!!!!.....
  • stike
    stike Posts: 15,597
    Options
    welcome back to the world. hope your schedule eases up some this summer.

steaks and chops look great
    ed egli avea del cul fatto trombetta -Dante
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Deane, great to see you posting. Good looking food and Auron is so handsome!
  • Beanie-Bean
    Beanie-Bean Posts: 3,092
    Options
    Looks good, buddy! I especially like the steak pics. Big dog you've got there, too.

Hope you are well and dry up there.
  • Little Chef
    Little Chef Posts: 4,725
    Options
    Good to see you back JL! Great looking meal, and I am sure it tasted even more wonderful than usual given your recent commitments! Hope that schedule improves for you soon! Miss not seeing your cooks! ;) Be well!
  • Spring Chicken
    Spring Chicken Posts: 10,255
    Options
    It's a good thing you don't have neighbors too close if you are cooking and smelling up the hood at 3:20 am. That's a rough life you have there, my friend.

Party - did DOW say "party"?

Spring Hen
  • JLOCKHART29
    JLOCKHART29 Posts: 5,897
    Options
    Thanks everyone. Off to work again but think I see a case of "bad Mexican" food for tomorrow!! :laugh: Last official training day at the Schutzhund club tomorrow and having a feeding afterwards. Going to do up two loins real quick after work and head up there tomorrrow.Thank the company will survive one day with out me??!! :blink: