Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Burgers, boys, boat!

Options
WWSis
WWSis Posts: 1,448
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
It was an amazing sunny weekend! Things are greening up, I mowed first time yesterday. I bought a bunch of fun stuff for the boat, including a cool stereo that my iPhone fits into! Dinner was shrimp for app - Jamaican jerk seasoning; blue cheese burger for me and jalapeño burger for Dave - courtesy of my local market. Made a side of black beans, red onion, garlic, yellow and green peppers. Wine was a bottle I bought at a tasting/egg demo yesterday. Yabba Dabba Que traveled to Vermont and did a super job for my dealer. They raffled a mini to raise money for make-a-wish; sadly, I did not win! :( :ohmy:
Shrimps...
d57f2d7b.jpg
Burgers...
b0870d0c.jpg
Plated...
d7ab60a2.jpg
The wine, very good, crisp...
731bf5ab.jpg
And, of course, the boys...
d22dfa0a.jpg
Little stringer of drool...
46213eae.jpg
And my very happy hubby...
5b00e990.jpg
Have a good week everyone! :)

Comments

• eenie meenie
    eenie meenie Posts: 4,394
    Options
    Julia, I'm glad to see you're using your boat! :) Looks as if Tucker wanted one (or two) of those yummy hamburgers. :lol:
  • Mainegg
    Mainegg Posts: 7,787
    Options
    Tucker looks so hungry poor poor baby... david looks happy but the water looks a little green..... :blink:
  • Fluffyb
    Fluffyb Posts: 1,815
    Options
    Looks like a great weekend Julia, fabulous eats. Using some of your maple syrup on salmon tonight.
  • 2Fategghead
    2Fategghead Posts: 9,624
    Options
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Julia,

burger looks great
    Tucker ALWAYS looks great
    David looks, umm, landlocked. :laugh:

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• WWSis
    Options
    Julie, it is still in the driveway! lake is way too high, lots of flooding and no marinas open yet. Ours was supposed to be open 5/15, but it's not looking promising. We will have to trailer a few times... :(
  • WWSis
    Options
    Teresa, let me know if you'd like some more. Our neighbor put up 80, 55 gallon barrels this year - sold it at $31 per gallon!... :) :ohmy:
  • Florida Grillin Girl
    Options
    Nice, Julia, but I don't know about boating in the driveway....if it were me, I'd haul the egg up on there and turn it into an egging/boating event! HA

Burger look good! Tucker looks big!

Glad it has turned to spring, kinda.
    Happily egging on my original large BGE since 1996... now the owner of 5 eggs. Call me crazy, everyone else does!

3 Large, 1 Small, 1 well-used Mini
  • WWSis
    Options
    Faith, a great idea! :laugh: Tucker probably weighs more than you...! ;) :laugh:
  • cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Julia, The plated burger and beans looks great! So many great times ahead on that boat.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • WWSis
    Options
    Thanks, Molly. We can't wait to get it in the water. Love black beans...can add just about anything to them and make it a quick, decent side. :)
  • elzbth
    elzbth Posts: 2,075
    Options
    Happy boys! Great looking burgers. Personally speaking, I would cut grass any day compared to shoveling snow (I seem to recall pics just a short while back with snow everywhere). Gotta love Spring! :)
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,296
    Options
    Well I see that Boxers aren't the only dogs that drool. Poor starving dawg!
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :(
    Poor little Tucker with no burger of his own :(
    Nice butcher man should know better ;)
    Have a great Spring week