Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Bacon-wrapped Tater Tots question

Options
MeatosBanditos
MeatosBanditos Posts: 259
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Does anyone have suggestions for making some bacon-wrapped tater tots? I remember making them a long time ago but no longer recall what I did. Do you cook the bacon and tots together, or warm the bacon up first in a pan? I will use a toothpick to hold them together. Should I drizzle a drop of maple syrup on the bacon? Maybe a drop of bbq sauce? Any seasonings recommended?

Thanks!

Comments

• Austin  Egghead
    Austin Egghead Posts: 3,966
    Options
    Take a look at this recipe. Don't forget to read the comments.
    http://allrecipes.com//Recipe/bacon-wrapped-tater-tots/Detail.aspx
    Large, small and mini now Egging in Rowlett Tx
  • MeatosBanditos
    Options
    Thanks, Joan! The comments were definitely helpful too.

John
  • vidalia1
    vidalia1 Posts: 7,092
    Options
    Woa Nellie :unsure: ...here is the true authentic recipe for maple bacon wrapped tater tots...not difficult but follow the recipe for a deeelicious treat... :)

http://www.dizzypigbbq.com/recipesTaterTots.html
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    At least in this case...maybe not..lol!!

The recipe he links to has been there since at least 2006...which would easily pre-date the one on the DP site by Diane. So much for "Authentic"...lol!!!

I'm not sure there's much "new" or "origonal" under the sun when it comes to recipes for wraping food with bacon...just our own take on them!

I'll betch'a they're both pretty good though...although mine are a little different that either of them!!

Evans
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • vidalia1
    Options
    Now you are just nit picking.... :lol: :silly: :)
  • Chubby
    Chubby Posts: 2,955
    Options
    I applolgize Kim...but I'm under Contract with the "Other White Meat Council"...lol!!!

If Stike isn't here...I am oblidged to "opine" in his absence!!

;)
    I spent most of my money on good bourbon, and bad women...the rest, I just wasted!!
  • vidalia1
    Options
  • MeatosBanditos
    Options
    That looks awesome! I vaguely remember seeing this now from years ago. I think this was the recipe I followed. I'm ashamed to admit that I'll have to make these in the stove. We're in a town home and there is nowhere to Egg.... it just sits in the garage looking sexy. I will bring it to a friends house in a couple weeks to use there.

Thanks for the help!

John B)
  • SmokeyPitt
    SmokeyPitt Posts: 10,490
    Options
    Nowhere to egg?? Wheel that sexy beast out to the driveway and fire it up!!

There is really nothing too the bacon wrapped tots. Let the tots sit out a little while to soften, wrap in a single layer of bacon, cook until the bacon is crispy. Add your favorite rub if you like. This only works in the egg :P.

Which came first the chicken or the egg?  I egged the chicken and then I ate his leg. 

• MeatosBanditos
    Options
    Thanks Smokey--I'd love too, but this is an odd townhome complex. No driveways, just buildings and above our entrance is a wooden deck (not really big enough for the XL and a 1/8 ton man). So starting up the egg will not be approved under the wooden deck as you can imagine. I'll get it over to someone's house soon. Gonna do a KCBS competition in July so I have to get back in the action.

Tots are in the oven!