Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

ABT dip

Mainegg
Mainegg Posts: 7,787
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
have been playing with this in my head at night when I can't sleep... we love ABT's but the time to make them and the time to cook them and for a crowd :(
so today I chopped up some of our homemade bacon and cooked it almost done and set aside. seeded and sliced and chopped about 8 peppers to bite size chunks and put in the hot bacon fat to just coat and get a tiny bit tender. drained out about 95% of the fat and then warmed 1 cup cream cheese in a bowl with about 1Tb of ragin' river and mixed well. spooned this over the pepper chunks and them topped with the bacon. sprinkled with coarse dizzy pig and heated in the egg till bubbly. served with plane crackers. this was gone fast! it was great and will be how we do it in the future. easy and no wheres near the work and serves many more than the 8 peppers would have.
001-1.jpg
004-3.jpg
016-3.jpg
017.jpg
roasted grape tomatoes served with hot fresh bread
018.jpg
main coarse was chicken breast with a pocket cut in and filled with fresh Mozzarella and fresh basil leaf and sun dried tomatoes.
but the ABT dip was the best!

Comments