Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #EGGhead4Life.

In Atlanta? Come visit Big Green Egg headquarters, including our retail showroom, the History of the EGG Museum and Culinary Center!  3786 DeKalb Technology Parkway, Atlanta, GA 30340.

Success with Salmon

TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
edited 6:06AM in EggHead Forum
salmononegg2.JPG
<p />For the first time in a long time I cooked a salmon filet tonight. Marinated it in a mixture of lemon and lime juice, with a rub of Raging River, of course. Cooked indirect over drip pans filled with lemon+lime juice and used cherry wood for a light smoke flavor. 45 minutes later at an average dome temp of 350 gave a perfect medium doneness in the thickest part of the filet. [p]As I was preparing the filet, I realized I didn't have any aluminum foil to place between the filet and the grill. Then I remembered one of MadMax's posts where he used lemon slices as a barrier - hence the picture above. Thanks MadMax![p]The results were delicious. [p]For more pics, check out the link below.[p]TRex
[ul][li]Smoked Salmon[/ul]

Comments

• QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    TRex,[p]Looks great![p]Tonia
    :)

• QBabe,
    hey tonia, great to see you up and typing, even if it is in only 2 word sentances. . ..hope you are recovering nicely, and not suffering too much now on your fourth straight day of larry's hot dogs :-) you ought to be able to get back to your good cookin, just let larry lift the lid (he ought to be able to handle that chore successfully. . .LOL

• TRex,
    glad the lemon slices worked out well for you. . .its the only way i do salmon any-more, and even direct, the slices hold up well during the cook . . .

• TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Yeah, I was really surprised at how well the lemons held up. A few slices came up with the filet when I pulled it, and I used those to squeeze over the plated fish. Great idea![p]TRex
  • TRexTRex Posts: 2,714
    QBabe,[p]I have to echo Max's response below - glad to see your name back in the Forum. Hope all is healing well and quickly.[p]TRex
  • QBabeQBabe Posts: 2,275
    mad max beyond eggdome,[p]Larry's been doing pretty good...[p]Fri - Jamaican Firewalk Chicken Wings
    Sat - Roasted Garlic, Spinich & Cheese Pizza
    Sun - Traditional Cheese Pizza for lunch
    Sun - Tsunami Chicken Alfredo over fresh fettucini for dinner.[p]Today will be spare ribs and baked beans with fresh slaw...[p]Recovering slowly, but mending...some days better than others.[p]Cherrs,
    Tonia
    :)

• PainterPainter Posts: 464
    TRex,
    Jason, Great looking salmon and because I got your homepage, I have to say you have done a wonderful job with your home also. Looks great.
    Bob

• TRex,[p]An absolutely inspiring post. Salmon will be served over the weekend. Great job.