Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unbeilable Dealers

Options
2»

Comments

• cookn biker
    cookn biker Posts: 13,407
    Options
    Aug. 29th. There your in :)
    Ping 3I and beg. I tried, he has a KCBS thing close to that weekend. Come on, twirl he chest hair!
    Let me know if you plan on going cause I'll get a room in Denver that night and we can have a time.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
    LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE
  • Susan Egglaine
    Susan Egglaine Posts: 2,437
    Options
    cookn biker wrote:
    They are not at the Sams here. I'll probably get on at the Denver fest. By the way are you planning on attending? I will be cooking with Cory430. We could use a little more wildness. Last year there was no after party let alone after after party. :(
    No after party??
    "After's" are my favorites. Even if I could not make it to a fest I would drive hours to go to a "After" The day is done you have gained many friends, now you can relax & get to know them better. I hope we meet at an "after"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Are you willing to come to Denver? I have to save for next year to travel to one of the others. COME ON I need a little help here!! :laugh: Us chicks could have a great time! Get on board to get 3I in on it too.
    Hope we meet soon!!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • Buster Dog BBQ
    Buster Dog BBQ Posts: 1,366
    Options
    First, it is an Ace Hardware and not a BBQ specialty shop. So I wouldn't expect them to be as educated as a specialty shop. The turnover on those places makes it difficult to keep every employee up to speed. Much like they may not be able to answer your wiring or plumbing needs or going to Wal-Mart and asking Joe Smoe abot a gas grill, etc.

Second, many stores like Ace get their eggs via a distributor and not BGE directly. These distributors may represent other grills as well. In our area Holland Grills are also sold by the same distributor.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    So perhaps weber is the distributor.
    That all makes sense.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Mr. & Mrs Potatohead
    Options
    One of the owners of our local Ace / BGE dealer has one, cooks on it all the time and is a great sales person, when he’s out on the floor.
    They also have one guy (also a user) that is the Official Egghead, who is very knowledgeable.
    Some of the other sales folk on the floor….Well?? At least they’ll send you off to someone that knows something!
    Guess, I'm lucky here.