Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Unbeilable Dealers

Options
cookn biker
cookn biker Posts: 13,407
edited November -1 in EggHead Forum
Just went to another Ace hardware, knowing the also had bge as I saw them there at the 'end' of grilling season last year. Well I walk in and I could not see a one. There were about 9 webers, big, all different. So I ask. She says yea we have one, and points to it. It was tucked under a shelf that was loaded with stuff and the shelf was behind the webers. Unreal. She says we havn't sold a one. I said no wonder no one can see it. I inquire about ordering a mini. She sighs and digs through some binders and pulls out the weber binder and opens it. I sigh. She eventually closes it and calls another (3rd in town) manager He gives a quote of $299.88 I say the feet will come woth that? No. I say, they should they are a part of the egg. No they arn't. Yes they are. She says the shelves do not, I would have to charge you. Tension in voice. I clamly say Yes, you would. Shelves are shelves and feet are feet. Ohvay!!
She quoted the med and large za stones for med$27.39, lg $32.88
I'm so glad I have a place to vent. Thanks for listening. Why does BGE not educate the dealers? They would sell more, DUH. No wonder I'm the only egghead here.
How do those #s sound?
Molly
Colorado Springs
"Loney Queen"
"Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
LBGE, MBGE, SBGE , MiniBGE and a Mini Mini BGE

Comments

• Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    :ohmy: just think about getting one at Sam's :sick:
  • Panhandle Smoker
    Options
    Since they haven't sold one you should have moved in for the kill. :laugh: Tell them that you could relieve them of that Egg that has sat unsold in the corner for a greatly discounted price. You guess you could help them out by removing it from their inventory. :laugh:
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,767
    Options
    Brought my mini for $220 here in one horse town KS
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • cookn biker
    Options
    They are not at the Sams here. I'll probably get on at the Denver fest. By the way are you planning on attending? I will be cooking with Cory430. We could use a little more wildness. Last year there was no after party let alone after after party. :(
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
    "Respect your fellow human being, treat them fairly, disagree with them honestly, enjoy their friendship, explore your thoughts about one another candidly, work together for a common goal and help one another achieve it."
    Bill Bradley; American hall of fame basketball player, Rhodes scholar, former U.S. Senator from New Jersey
  • cookn biker
    Options
    I actually think I am going to return and offer that.
    Great minds I tell ya!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    See, I thought that was high for sure. He** my lg, demo. was 650 and new I beleive is 100 more. So a mini for 299.88...
    QAsked about the pizza stones and her reply, you mean the flat baking stones. I says, yea :huh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Ripnem
    Ripnem Posts: 5,511
    Options
    My dealer has 1 person out of about 10 sales people that knows his head from a hole in the ground about Eggs. Pretty amazing
  • cookn biker
    Options
    If I had a specialty product to sell thru a dealer, I certainly would educate them. Demo, ect.. She did not even have a demo, cause I offered. :laugh:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,928
    Options
    My dealer has 6 full time employees and 5 of them own eggs and are regular users - even though they sell a lot of those higher profit/higher end stainless steel gas monsters! Besides they even have a couple large eggs out the back storeroom door that get regular uses for lunch.
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Be greatful for what you have!
    Where are you and what are your cost comparisons?
    If you know, thanks.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Molly,
    I wouldn't sheer this with anybody!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh:
    Great talking with you!!
    Put beer down and send the rub recipe :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • RRP
    Options
    I'm way out here in Illinois so I don't think my dealer is an option for you! As for prices - I don't have their 2009 prices, but as the crow flies I believe we are closer to Hotlanta than you are so the shipping factor in the cost may be a little lower.
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I hate to burst your bubble, but the feet are not standard on all the eggs.

I think they onle come with the Medium and Large. However, they are like 9 bucks a set.

As for the Eggmates they are only for the Medium, Large and XL.

You need to wait on the Denver Eggfest or come to Eggs By the Bay..
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Tomorrow Girl. Tomorrow.
    I'll e-mail it to you.
    BY the way, it's 86 now. LOL
  • cookn biker
    Options
    First I ain't in no stinkin' bubble :laugh:
    I knew that about the eggmates. I did assume that the feet came with the mini. That is my plan to contact Jennifer in Denver and let her know I plan on the purchase.
    Thanks Pete!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • RRP
    Options
    It's kinda similiar to another successful business owner I know here in town. He sells lawn and garden equipment by the truck load which include both Lawn Boy (green) and Toro (red). He makes sure his employees know the products and can explain everything. His experience has been that his customers are very loyal to the products and he tells his people "what ever "color" they come in, then be sure they leave that same color"...meaning be helpful, but don't confuse them!
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ok drink more and less rubbing in. 45 here, possible rain. I hope I dont want to water.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Celtic Wolf
    Celtic Wolf Posts: 9,773
    Options
    I didn't say you were a stinkin' bubble.. I just said you were a bubble.

Come on to Eggs By the Bay anyway.. You get to meet an Egg legend hahahah

Chubby will be there...
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Precisly!! :)
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Ha! Money honey. I am going to save for next year. Skip the local and go meet the legendS.
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • Grand Oeuf Vert
    Options
    Check your e-mail.

...You are Welcome!

Come on up! Eh!
  • FlaPoolman
    FlaPoolman Posts: 11,677
    Options
    Molly you already have 6 feet that I know of :ohmy: How many more do you need??
  • tjv
    tjv Posts: 3,830
    Options
    did you ask if the floor demo egg is their only egg in stock. if so, sounds like you got a deal brewing on it.......t
    www.ceramicgrillstore.com ACGP, Inc.
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    B) am waitin for the details on Denver--semi-planning...hubby thinks "overkill" :woohoo: ---but if we could all get Thirdeye to commit...would be a definite YES!! Shoot, if the timing is right I would come with local gal friend who loves roadtrips!
    Keep me in the loop, please B)

BTW, the Sam's thing came up at the after/after party--pretty scarey to think that totally unknowledgable folks would be "hawking" the legendary Big Green Egg :blink:
  • Semolina Pilchard
    Options
    I have not had a similar experience with an egg dealer, but I have had that with other products. It sounds like they were annoyed by you wanting to throw money their way, and that is inexcusable. However, I am trying to turn over a new leaf and look for the bright side in all situations, and one could say with all the eggers or wannabe eggers who have no dealers within a few hundred miles, at least you have a lousy dealer. :laugh:
  • Desert Oasis Woman
    Options
    B) speak with the store manager/owner instead of the so-called "sales" person :evil: and make him a lowball offer
  • cookn biker
    Options
    Just jousting the dealer, in a irritated way...you know.
    Pulling out the Weber binder for BGE info..DOH
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    True that!
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"
  • cookn biker
    Options
    It is their only. i will return :evil:
    Molly
    Colorado Springs
    "Loney Queen"