Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Confused about pork tenderloin temperature...

Options
2»

Comments

• Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    Oh, and I suspect the OP has figured it out by now. Or he's no longer with us.

i know it was an old post but couldnt believe the temps were so high, i pull a tenderloin off low to mid 130's
    I prefer pork to be warm all the way through. 130-140° isn't. 145° seems okay though. The OP's 160-170° is from the 1950s! =)

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited May 2020
    Options
    yea but will I have to worry about getting sick? The recommended minimum temp is 170 degrees, whereas you and most others are saying 150 or so. I'm not terribly nervous about the 20 degree difference, but after getting salmonella a few years back I'm very cautious about food poisoning these days.
    NM- didn’t realize this was a ghost thread! 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Options
    I pull Pork Tendies off at 135F these days. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    Add me to the just north of 140 group.
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95
  • thetrim
    thetrim Posts: 11,357
    Options
    What temp does the Corona die?  What's the recommend internal to pull bat meat?
    =======================================
    XL 6/06, Mini 6/12, L 10/12, Mini #2 12/14 MiniMax 3/16 Large #2 11/20 Legacy from my FIL - RIP
    Tampa Bay, FL
    EIB 6 Oct 95