Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - I’m Getting MARRIED :) - OT

2»

Comments

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,131
    Awesome news!
    I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 10,031
    Looks like the weather cooperated. Congrats again!
    Our hearts are also with those affected by the hurricanes 

Stacey and I got married at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. Picture perfect. Lots of stories getting permitted by the Park Service etc.. 

with the damage to the Parkway, they closed the Virginia side of the road on October 3. Maybe a few weeks after Helene. We were forced to reimagine the wedding in about five days. 

Aaaaand - lucky for us! 24 hours before the wedding, the Park Service reopened Virginia and the Mill. We had a fantasy wedding. Incredible. :):)
    I live in the county where Mabry Mill is located.

My grandparents live in Patrick County and we used to go to Mabry Mill when we visited (40+ years ago).  Great place.  Congrats on the new union.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,783
    Looks like the weather cooperated. Congrats again!
    Our hearts are also with those affected by the hurricanes 

Stacey and I got married at Mabry Mill on the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia. Picture perfect. Lots of stories getting permitted by the Park Service etc.. 

with the damage to the Parkway, they closed the Virginia side of the road on October 3. Maybe a few weeks after Helene. We were forced to reimagine the wedding in about five days. 

Aaaaand - lucky for us! 24 hours before the wedding, the Park Service reopened Virginia and the Mill. We had a fantasy wedding. Incredible. :):)
    I live in the county where Mabry Mill is located.

So beautiful. We stayed in a cabin right around the corner from the Mill overlooking a valley. Edgeview drive. Just stunning. We really love it there. 

That general store is the bomb. Primitive Coffee was a daily. And the candy factory basically just takes my money. :)

I know exactly where and what you're talking about. I'm up that way quite a bit.
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• YEMTrey
    YEMTrey Posts: 6,832
    Congrats!  
    Steve 
    XL, Mini Max, and a 22" Blackstone in Cincinnati, Ohio

• want to say congrats and also piggyback for a psa. if the line/wait time mabry mill restaurant is too long, highly recommend scooting down to jane’s country cafe in meadows of dan. 
  • AppStateDDS
    AppStateDDS Posts: 102
    Congratulations!

Glad everything worked out - on my side a cousin had his mountain wedding completely changed due to the hurricane/flooding.  😐

Great looking couple - Best Wishes! 
    Stuart
    Burlington/Alamance County, NC
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,825
    Damien Nunya  Stacey Brafford  Wedding  br br Chris English  Tigermoth Creative
    Goddaaamn! You cleaned up pretty well. Almost didn't recognize you :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,201
    want to say congrats and also piggyback for a psa. if the line/wait time mabry mill restaurant is too long, highly recommend scooting down to jane’s country cafe in meadows of dan. 
    Mill restaurant is closed until 2025. 

We’re going back
    up there soon and
    will check Jane’s out! 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE
    36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

• awesome!  you may already be aware but just in case, plenty to do and see in floyd, va as well. 
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,357
    Congrats to you both. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT.