Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Operation BBQ Relief

egret
egret Posts: 4,178
This is the best way to bring some relief to the victims of Helene. Operation BBQ Relief is deployed in numerous locations in FL, GA, NC and SC providing free meals to the victims as well as the first responders. All donations go 100% to the cause. This is not a small operation, they are currently deployed in over 20 locations and are having to suspend operations in most FL locations due to the approaching Milton. They're going to need much more help after this next hurricane. A good friend of mine is deployed in Hendersonville, NC and they have served 55,700 meals from 10/3-6 !! They need donations to keep this amazing humanitarian operation going. The Big Green Egg Corporation is going to match all donations up to $50,000, so please step up to help. Here's the link: https://volunteers.operationbbqrelief.org/donations/donate-now/VWNTH39DOP

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,985
    John - thanks buddy - actually I had posted the same heads up on Sunday, but where does the link come in to play where BGE corporate knew we did so as to get them to match? That just wasn't very clear. 
  • egret
    egret Posts: 4,178
    I, too, was wondering about that, Ron. I'm guessing that they've already reached the $50,000 level. They had collected $29,000 at Eggtoberfest. Anyway, it's well worth supporting even without the matching from BGE. They're going to need a bunch of support in the next few days and weeks if the forecasts hold true.......
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,985
    Thanks, John, since the email announcing that $50K match came on Sunday which announced that $29K had already been raised it just struck me as odd that the remaining $21k had already been achieved...but match or no match I have donated anyway. 

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,120
    Are they using vinegar sauce in NC? Otherwise they won’t eat it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RRP said:
    John - thanks buddy - actually I had posted the same heads up on Sunday, but where does the link come in to play where BGE corporate knew we did so as to get them to match? That just wasn't very clear. 
    Hey all - chiming in here! That link provided above by Egret is a special BGE link that Operation BBQ Relief created. If you donate using that link, it will be directly associated with BGE and contribute to the match. Hope that helps! 
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,084
    RRP said:
    Hey all - chiming in here! That link provided above by Egret is a special BGE link that Operation BBQ Relief created. If you donate using that link, it will be directly associated with BGE and contribute to the match. Hope that helps! 
    Thanks.  Has the $50k match been fully met?
    Not a felon
  • wwinnc
    wwinnc Posts: 77
    Donated-  Glad to hear they are in NC!  Of course it's vinegar sauce, @alaskanassasin- is there something else?
    2 then 1 Large, 2 then 1 Medium, and 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,224
    Here’s a geography lesson for you:

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,262

Damnit, I like vinegar sauce =) you just had to make bbq sauce political
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 32,224

Ha!  Well it’s not quite a red and blue issue but there are definitely people who fight over the choice of base for the sauce.

I prefer the vinegar base too but it’s mostly an Eastern NC thing.  The western part of the state (where the hurricane really hit) it’s much more common to find a tomato base.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Are they using vinegar sauce in NC? Otherwise they won’t eat it.

Ha!  Well it’s not quite a red and blue issue but there are definitely people who fight over the choice of base for the sauce.

I prefer the vinegar base too but it’s mostly an Eastern NC thing.  The western part of the state (where the hurricane really hit) it’s much more common to find a tomato base.
    My wife likes vinegar based and I like tomato based.  So we eat vinegar based.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,801
    edited October 9

My wife likes vinegar based and I like tomato based.  So we eat vinegar based.  lol
    Why can’t you have both? 
  • Encouraging people to sign up as volunteers.  

There is a background check you can pay/donate to cover for $19.  

Hopefully will be able to pick up a shift soon. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    Encouraging people to sign up as volunteers.  

There is a background check you can pay/donate to cover for $19.  

Hopefully will be able to pick up a shift soon. 
    Way to step up.  Good for you. The $$ will flow-the people on the ground to make anything happen are where it can get challenging.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,120
    Good on you Buckwoody Egger
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Are they using vinegar sauce in NC? Otherwise they won’t eat it.

Why can’t you have both? 
    We do, I was trying to be a little humorous.  lol
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • worked a shift, highly recommend!!  will definitely do again
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,817
    worked a shift, highly recommend!!  will definitely do again
    Kudos.

Pops (88yo this year) and I volunteered for a week after Harvey, and I  consider it one of the more rewarding, yet humbling, things I’ve done. Pops is a workhorse, and pretty much embarrassed me everyday :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • cali that’s awesome.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,665
    worked a shift, highly recommend!!  will definitely do again
    Nothing personal here given you did the heavy lifting but if never faced with a disaster where OBR shows up in your neck of the woods...that would be a good thing.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.