Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

“OLD TIMERS” Are you, am I? Is it age or did you grow up on the original Egg forum?

2»

Comments

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 33,191
    Don't forget AZRP's The Chicken.
    I should make that again, love that chicken
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,597
    I was on the old forum. I hated it's architecture / layout / whatever.  Vanilla is so much better. Smh. 

Large, Medium, MiniMax, 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,321
    I started on the original forum in 2010 after lurking for a couple years and learning how to Egg.  Stayed away from here 'cause was raised with " you're known by the company you keep". 

After retirement and reputation no longer a big concern I became more active here.  Plus, as @kl8ton mentioned, Vanilla and the implementation here is so cutting edge.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • Mickey
    Mickey Posts: 19,685
    Mickey said:
    only been here about 25 years now, almost half of my 60 years :o
    Many years ago you got me hooked on sugar maple wood from a seller in Maine. Was it Maine Grilling Wood?
    They seem out of business now. Do you have another supplier?
    thanks
    Mickey

havent bought smoking wood in years, just what i can find around the house. predator pee in maine used to carry it but dont see it online anymore. maine grilling woods facebook hasnt updated since 2016.  this place carries it but damn those prices seem high, seems to look fresh though

Thanks so much once again. 
    Will get ordered because can’t do a ham without Sugar Maple. 
    Salado TX & 30A  FL: Egg Family: 3 Large and a very well used Mini, added a Mini Max when they came out (I'm good for now).