Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Scouts are selling popcorn?... Again?? And, some of it goes to OBR?

Yes, yes, and yes!!

Once again, it's the time of year when Scouts try to guilt you into buying egregiously-priced popcorn. We appreciate all the people who fall for this ploy :smiley: 

Seriously though, we do appreciate that eggheads buy popcorn from caliprince. Last year was a bumper year, largely because of popcorn purchased by eggheads. His aunts are obligated to buy, but y'all aren't, and that's what makes it special. 

As in years past, I will match all popcorn purchases, with a donation to Operation Barbecue Relief. Or, to any charitable organization preferred. Sales for 2023 exceeded the two previous years, which means I sent more money to OBR than I have before. Yes, it would be simpler for me to just buy the popcorn myself, and be done with it. Or, folks could just donate to OBR themselves. But, for the same money (eventually) involved, more positive vibes can swirl around this way. I'm all for that. 

We like the Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn, and the microwave popcorn is actually quite good. @lousubcap will attest to his cravings for the Chocolatey pretzels. @lkapigian is still bummed that they don't sell Cheez Wiz. if popcorn aint your jam, any amount can be donated to "Heroes & Helpers". Again, I will match all purchases. 

The link:
https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=WLA63HD7

Caliprince is an "Arrow of Light" this year, his last as a Cub Scout. He's growing up fast, and I sometimes feel like hitting the pause button. @MasterC , you'll note that he is wearing the neckerchief slide you so graciously shared with him. He truly cherishes it. Thank you, again.

Thank you, all.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.

Comments

• johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    What a handsome young man 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,965
    Wow- Caliprince is having a growth spurt! BTW I opted for $25 to Heros and Helpers.
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029
    Done! Unfortunately, as usual, Cheez Whiz is on Back Order 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • DoubleEgger
    DoubleEgger Posts: 17,680
    Growing like a weed! 
  • Donated. He is growing up quick! 
    Snellville, GA

• lkapigian
    Bump for Caliprince
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,794
    RRP said:
    Wow- Caliprince is having a growth spurt! BTW I opted for $25 to Heros and Helpers.
    Thank you, Ron. And, yes, he is! Please let me know if you would like me to match with a donation to OBR, or any other charity.

• caliking
    lkapigian said:
    Thank you. You're going to make me go broke :) Matching donation to OBR ok?

• caliking
    Donated. He is growing up quick! 
    Thank you, @Eggdicted_Dawgfan. I'll send a matching donation to OBR, unless you instruct otherwise. 

• lkapigian
    caliking said:
    lkapigian said:
    Thank you. You're going to make me go broke :) Matching donation to OBR ok?
    Yes Sir
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Just got home from a road (actually air) trip and will load up on the chocolate pretzels at a minimum tomorrow.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    lousubcap said:
    Just got home from a road (actually air) trip and will load up on the chocolate pretzels at a minimum tomorrow.  
    They're calling your name @lousubcap :)

• lousubcap
    Done and confirmed! 🥨
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    lousubcap said:
    Done and confirmed! 🥨
    Thank you for your support, and love of chocolatey pretzels ! 

I presume I cans send the match to OBR, but let me know if you would like me to send it to any other organization. 

• lousubcap
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    Done and confirmed! 🥨
    Thank you for your support, and love of chocolatey pretzels ! 

I presume I cans send the match to OBR, but let me know if you would like me to send it to any other organization. 
    Give your forum inbox a look when you can-All good!
  • caliking
    @lousubcap - the match was sent in to OBR, and you should receive an email from them.

Thank you, again!

• lousubcap
    Yep-email received.  Great cause.
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,411
    caliking said:
    Yes, yes, and yes!!

Once again, it's the time of year when Scouts try to guilt you into buying egregiously-priced popcorn. We appreciate all the people who fall for this ploy :smiley: 

Seriously though, we do appreciate that eggheads buy popcorn from caliprince. Last year was a bumper year, largely because of popcorn purchased by eggheads. His aunts are obligated to buy, but y'all aren't, and that's what makes it special. 

As in years past, I will match all popcorn purchases, with a donation to Operation Barbecue Relief. Or, to any charitable organization preferred. Sales for 2023 exceeded the two previous years, which means I sent more money to OBR than I have before. Yes, it would be simpler for me to just buy the popcorn myself, and be done with it. Or, folks could just donate to OBR themselves. But, for the same money (eventually) involved, more positive vibes can swirl around this way. I'm all for that. 

We like the Sweet and Salty Kettle Corn, and the microwave popcorn is actually quite good. @lousubcap will attest to his cravings for the Chocolatey pretzels. @lkapigian is still bummed that they don't sell Cheez Wiz. if popcorn aint your jam, any amount can be donated to "Heroes & Helpers". Again, I will match all purchases. 

The link:
    https://www.trails-end.com/store/scout/QGAN8E7Y?share=WLA63HD7

Caliprince is an "Arrow of Light" this year, his last as a Cub Scout. He's growing up fast, and I sometimes feel like hitting the pause button. @MasterC , you'll note that he is wearing the neckerchief slide you so graciously shared with him. He truly cherishes it. Thank you, again.

Thank you, all.
    He's a fine young man Caliking. I think that slide looks right at home.
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • caliking
    Thank you, @MasterC. The slide stays carefully wrapped, in his Scouts box, because he doesn't want to risk losing it.