Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Chicken Thigh Souvlaki

I may (pretty sure I have)  have posted this here before. I searched with google and didn't find it so I’m going to post it here so I have the recipe. 

Marinated the chicken As listed in the recipe but doubled the garlic. Skewered the chicken and grilled raised direct as shown in the pics. 

Once done, I squeezed a half lemon and sprinkled a good 3-finger pinch of Malden salt over the yard bird pieces. 

Served with griddled naan, homemade tahini and homemade harissa, and (not homemade) goat feta and blistered angel sweet tomatos 

(“griddled naan” sounds so douchey but I’m here for it) 

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX

Comments

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,497
    That looks fantastic. I’ve made it before and the marinade had Greek yogurt in it. Yours looks really good. I need to do that again. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 15,044
    I love these simple, summer cooks you and J do with all of the homemade stuff I would buy in the store.

I just finished eating but I'm pretty sure I could crush one of those skewers.
    Not a felon
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,547
    Another banquet right there.  Nailed it as always.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,243
    Nice one ... and I picked up some chicken thighs yesterday, so I know what I'm doing with them now. 
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 23,130
    Legume said:
    I love these simple, summer cooks you and J do with all of the homemade stuff I would buy in the store.

I just finished eating but I'm pretty sure I could crush one of those skewers.
    They were tasty. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • SmokingPiney
    SmokingPiney Posts: 2,319
    Killer! 
    Living the good life smoking and joking
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,801
    I may (pretty sure I have)  have posted this here before. I searched with google and didn't find it so I’m going to post it here so I have the recipe. 

Marinated the chicken As listed in the recipe but doubled the garlic. Skewered the chicken and grilled raised direct as shown in the pics. 

This is the way

It turned out, but this pic of the chix on the egg is perfection.

And, you know my thoughts on naan :smiley:

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.