Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I made a Pizza Peel and it works well!

GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,395
edited July 2023 in EggHead Forum
48 hr fermented sour dough 

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 33,477
    Great woodwork right there.  That peel must have impressive powers to produce that pizza.  Beautiful outcome. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Nice!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,208
    Fantastic and nice work 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,849
  • lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 11,029
     Nice Work!
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 8,063
    Nice peel! That’s on my list of projects 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,998
    Beautiful!  

Curry smells a hell of a lot better than a Big Mac, just sayin'  

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,787
    Very good skill sets on both!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ybabpmuts Posts: 961
    @glennm

Making a pizza peel is no small thing, and that's a really nice looking one too, sleek handle design, with the bookmarked  multiple wood species. That's a solid amount  of hands on hard work, with a fair amount of artistry thrown in the mix, and that's what makes it so awesome.

SB

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 20,122
    Ybabpmuts said:
    @glennm

Making a pizza peel is no small thing, and that's a really nice looking one too, sleek handle design, with the bookmarked  multiple wood species. That's a solid amount  of hands on hard work, with a fair amount of artistry thrown in the mix, and that's what makes it so awesome.

SB

Finally made it through one of your posts.  And I must whole heartedly agree with your sentiments.

That is an impressive peel!

It is possible to commit no mistakes and still lose. - Captain Jean-Luc Packard

• Ybabpmuts
    For years I had a full woodshop in my basement. I made a lot of the furniture in my house. Many years ago, so I know woodworking and what it takes to make functional pieces, or something more artistic. Unfortunately those years are far behind me now. Once I turned 43 I got too sick to do any of that, and while I recovered briefly here and there over the next 14 years, and worked on some projects here and there, I never really was able to feel comfortable safely working the machines again. 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,965
    Ybabpmuts said:
    For years I had a full woodshop in my basement. I made a lot of the furniture in my house. Many years ago, so I know woodworking and what it takes to make functional pieces, or something more artistic. Unfortunately those years are far behind me now. Once I turned 43 I got too sick to do any of that, and while I recovered briefly here and there over the next 14 years, and worked on some projects here and there, I never really was able to feel comfortable safely working the machines again. 
    Paul - I knew MOST of that about you - but I know most eggers do not.

YOU, kind SIR, are one in a million... 
  • Ybabpmuts
    Ron you're too kind by far. These days I just try to.make it to another year. Especially this year where the fuzzy little misses is voting me off the island. I was just starting to think life is great, I only have two joint replacements to go, and I'm on this tropical island with the fuzzy little misses stump and at first I was excited because she kept asking me if I was hiding an immunity idle somewhere, and one day, in the shower .. the soap on a rope had been cut, so I had to bend down to pick it up, and I think that's when she saw I wasn't hiding an immunity idle anywhete

The women is diabolical, not the least of which because when she moved out she took the toothpaste.and the toaster. So my breath smelled like ass and I had no way to make it smell like toasted bread ass. Diabolical.
  • Ybabpmuts
    Also, I might have issues
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,716
    Beautiful work 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....