Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Who likes flank steak?

Options
GlennM
GlennM Posts: 1,367
Simple, reasonable price and great flavour!

In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 

Comments

• ksmyrl
    ksmyrl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    Yes please. Looks awesome. 
    Fish, Hunt, Cook....anything else?

1LBGE, 1MMBGE, somewhere near Athens GA
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,515
    Options
    I slightly prefer skirt, but around here I'm lucky if I can find just one or the other.  Hot fire, quick cook; love it!  
    (and your butter is flipping me off)  

"Commander, say hello to Cricket!"  - KN

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 31,046
    Options
    All around great looking meal too!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • 4TheGrillOfIt
    4TheGrillOfIt Posts: 741
    Options
    What’s not to like?  Good looking meal.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,748
    Options
    That looks wonderful!
    Stillwater, MN
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,916
    Options
    Looks GREAT - just too long of a story for me to post tonight, but my FAVORITE meal which I have COOKED myself for MY birthday for SO MANY YEARS has involved using a flank steak!
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,593
    Options
    Great looking plate. Love flank.I have a skirt ready for Sunday cook
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Flank is our first choice for steak at home.  Not as inexpensive as it was a couple of years ago, but still worth it.
    NOLA
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,184
    Options
    Botch said:
    I slightly prefer skirt, but around here I'm lucky if I can find just one or the other.  Hot fire, quick cook; love it!  
    Sir, he didn't ask what you liked more.  He asked if you liked flank steak.

I would prefer owning a Porsche GT2 RS or a GT3 RS to flank steak.  I would also like to have my very own private island and would give up flank steak for life to make that deal.  However, that does not mean I do not like flank steak.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    Botch said:
    Sir, he didn't ask what you liked more.  He asked if you liked flank steak.

I would prefer owning a Porsche GT2 RS or a GT3 RS to flank steak.  I would also like to have my very own private island and would give up flank steak for life to make that deal.  However, that does not mean I do not like flank steak.

hahaha
    NOLA
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    LOVE flanksteak, just made some this past week after a long withdrawal.  Yours looks excellent!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    That color!  I can almost taste it through my screen!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Yummy looking cook!
    Thanks for posting
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • xfire_ATX
    xfire_ATX Posts: 1,117
    Options
    Growing up Flank Steak was the special treat.... Dad would throw it in a pan with some kind of McCormicks marinade packet for some amount of time and throw them on the Gas Grill.   I still have memories of how good that was... one of the best things he ever cooked.

Years ago used to buy Skirt/ Flank to do Beef Fajitas but never think about it anymore.  Next run to HEB Im going to check it out.
    XLBGE, LBGECharbroil Gas Grill, Weber Q2000, Old Weber Kettle, Rectec RT-B380, Yeti 65, Yeti Hopper 20, RTIC 20, RTIC 20 Soft Side - Too many drinkware vessels to mention.

Not quite in Austin, TX City Limits
    Just Vote- What if you could choose "none of the above" on an election ballot? Millions of Americans do just that, in effect, by not voting.  The result in 2016: "Nobody" won more counties, more states, and more electoral votes than either candidate for president. 
  • BigGreenKev
    BigGreenKev Posts: 254
    Options
    Flank and flat iron are 2 of my favorites 
  • td66snrf
    td66snrf Posts: 1,823
    Options
    Flank is my go to for jerky.
    XLBGE, LBGE, MBGE, SMALL, MINI, 2 Kubs, Fire Magic Gasser