Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Myron Mixon lump at HD?

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
edited April 2023 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends,

Myron Mixon was on special, and I’m out of “clean burn” lump. Ever heard of it?

nothing on @nakedwhiz

8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,102
    Options
    I just realized I thought Big Mo was Myron Mixon 
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    i think its cowboy =) rumors gotta start somewhere
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    i think its cowboy =) rumors gotta start somewhere
    I heard Tiffany Paxton, from Yellsville Arkansas, was the sole proprietor and manager of it.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • OhioEgger
    OhioEgger Posts: 903
    Options
    Greetings friends,
    nothing on @nakedwhiz
    I'm happy to just wait for a review.
    Meanwhile, I have plenty of Rockwood on hand.
    Cincinnati, Ohio. Large BGE since 2011. Still learning.
  • SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    I haven’t tried it myself. But I wouldn’t be scared to give it a go 👍

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    SGH said:
    Really brings out the flavor in armadillo.
  • Biggreenpharmacist
    Options
    SGH said:
    What’s up old friend?

Little Rock, AR

• SGH
    Options
    What’s up old friend?
    Same old same old. Still working my life away unfortunately. How about yourself? All good I hope. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @SGH- Given your recent acquisitions (tractors and pickups) you may have accessed your sugar-daddy @RRP as his bank-roll is a matter of your record.  But always good to leverage someone else's $$.
    I presume the island buy is still in play given the recent oil price movement.
    Be well my friend. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @SGH- Given your recent acquisitions (tractors and pickups) you may have accessed your sugar-daddy @RRP as his bank-roll is a matter of your record.  But always good to leverage someone else's $$.
    Be well my friend. 
    HAR HAR HAR...come on, man, have you ever priced any John Deere equipment? Scottie is the hidden Richie Rich guy in this forum! NOT me! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,142
    Options
    SGH said:

Heck yeah! SGH sighting!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    Be well my friend. 
    @SGH , based on your refined tastes, I highly recommend the below 12.5" saute pan.  It is rumoured to do magical things to armadillo.

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,659
    edited April 2023
    Options
    That thing must weigh 500lbs
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    That thing must weigh 500lbs
    I suspect it is less than 33 lbs.

But can you really place a price, either in terms of money or complicated preparation, on perfectly done armadillo?
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Might as well make pans out of cadmium, lead and selenium if we’re talking about silver poisoning.
    Options
    I don’t like Myron’s chances….

The top is completely open…
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Options
    I don’t like Myron’s chances….

The top is completely open…
    He seems bigger than that on TV.
  • SGH
    Options
    I want to get my hands on one of his water smokers and give it a whirl.  

Status- Standing by.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    SGH said:
    I want to get my hands on one of his water smokers and give it a whirl.  
    They can't boil water either?
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,528
    Options
    How about his pooper smoker?

canuckland
  • SGH
    Options
    Nope. Not for me. However I am intrigued by his H2O line. I’m seriously thinking about using some of my end of job bonus and buying this one to see what all the hype is about. 

Status- Standing by.

• Gamecockeggman
    Gamecockeggman Posts: 1,329
    Options
    SGH said:
    Nope. Not for me. However I am intrigued by his H2O line. I’m seriously thinking about using some of my end of job bonus and buying this one to see what all the hype is about. 

@SGH a very good friend of mine has one and let me tell you it puts out some amazing food.

Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SGH said:
    My first smoker was a water smoker, albeit a $50 Home Depot special.  I believe the major principle behind them is, it doesn't matter how carefully you control the heat input (electric, combustion, hot russian rocks) as long as there is open liquid water in the path, the temp will be maintained at around the boiling temp of said water.  My $50 HD had no temperature control for its electric coil, but the temp stayed constant at around 200˚F until the water pan went dry, then the temp skyrocketed (that damn thing also put a noticeable dent in my light bill).  
    I'll have to look up the details on Mixon's H2O version, see if its the same principle.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,029
    Options
    SGH said:

@SGH

There's a $13K+ Myron Mixon smoker available in Iowa. He has it listed for $6,500. Hell of a deal if you're serious about picking one up.....

https://m.facebook.com/marketplace/item/933048561382073/
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota