Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Leg of Lamb for Easter

Options
Dyal_SC
Dyal_SC Posts: 6,054
Marinade of rosemary, thyme, parsley, garlic, cumin, S&P, EVOO and aged balsamic. Honey drizzle toward the end. Light apple smoke.  Good eatin’ and no complaints from the family. 

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,765
    Options
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Nom nom nom…
    Options
    Yes sir!  Love me some lamb and that looks perfect.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Bravo! Beautiful hunk of meat, and  beautifully executed. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • R2Egg2Q
    R2Egg2Q Posts: 2,136
    Options
    Very Nice! 
    XL, Large, Small, Mini Eggs, Shirley Fabrication 24x36 Patio, Humphrey's Weekender, Karubecue C-60, MAK 1-Star General, Hasty Bake Gourmet, Santa Maria Grill, Webers: 14" WSM, 22.5" OTG, 22.5" Kettle Premium, WGA Charcoal, Summit S-620 NG

Bay Area, CA
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Wow, that money shot. Time and temp?
    canuckland
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    Thx y’all. @Canugghead , took it about 2.5 or 3 hours to reach 130 f IT at a dome of 225 to 250 f. Cranked up the heat at the end to let the honey caramelize some. About 15 minutes of that and then took it off, foiled loosely and rested for 30 minutes. 
  • stv8r
    stv8r Posts: 1,127
    Options
    Looks amazing.   I didn't use to be a lamb fan but done right I've developed an appreciation.  
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    stv8r said:
    Looks amazing.   I didn't use to be a lamb fan but done right I've developed an appreciation.  
    I haven’t been fond of the lamb I’ve had that has been harvested in the USA. Seems to be very strong and gamey. The Australian and New Zealand products have never steered me wrong though. 
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,429
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:
    stv8r said:
    I haven’t been fond of the lamb I’ve had that has been harvested in the USA. Seems to be very strong and gamey. The Australian and New Zealand products have never steered me wrong though. 
    The legs of lamb I cooked for Easter were Costco/Australian. Very good.
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • Dyal_SC
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Dyal_SC said:
    stv8r said:
    The legs of lamb I cooked for Easter were Costco/Australian. Very good.
    Agreed. This one was Publix/Australian. Very good flavor and tender. 
  • Canugghead
    Canugghead Posts: 11,527
    Options
    Thanks for the deets. Around here NZ lamb dominates, don't recall ever seeing Aussie lamb.
    canuckland
  • northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Gawjus
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow