Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Putting The Laser To Work

Options
A friend has a vacation club membership through Wyndham and they graciously gave us a week at a Wyndham property on East 45th in Manhattan where I will be staying while SWMBO has her surgery at HSS. I know that she likes Pinot Noir so I bought a well reviewed bottle, and made this gift box to put it in using the larger of the two lasers.

Came out pretty sweet, the flat front folds down to insert/remove the bottle. 

MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
Southeastern CT. 

Comments

• FrostyEgg
    Options
    WOW. That's awesome! How long did it take to cut?
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    Just, WOW, indeed!  

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    Options
    He!! of a most appreciative gift tp your wife.  Hope all goes well on her side.
    BTW-you have friends in high places with property in the neighbourhood (nod).
    Just enjoy to the maximum you both can. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • CTMike
    CTMike Posts: 3,247
    Options
    FrostyEgg said:
    WOW. That's awesome! How long did it take to cut?
    About 45 minutes, and then about 30 to assemble all the parts. 
    MMBGE / Large BGE / XL BGE (Craigslist Find) / SF30x80 cabinet trailer - "Ol' Mortimer" / Outdoor kitchen in progress.  

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  I am not buying a laser.  
    I’m sure you can justify a reason to buy one for the lab. 😎

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    CTMike said:
    All joking aside, pretty awesome creation there.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Wow, I wish I could have turned that in while I was in HS wood shop, Mr. Clouston would have spit his teeth out! 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    “ I think you have enough hobbies babe, can’t you do that with a dremel and wood burner?”  “Make one with what you have and we will see about upgrading” 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Beautiful. Is the curved fine lattice-like part also done by the pew-pew laser?

And, wishing SWMBO the best for her procedure.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,491
    Options
    News alert, 10:46 am, 23 February 2023:  JiC buys a laser.    

Tin soldiers and Johnson's coming...

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Botch said:
    News alert, 10:46 am, 23 February 2023:  JiC buys a laser.    
    I feel like I can’t just keep up with the Joneses at this point.  I need to lap the competition.  So I’m looking at 3D metal printers.  Now… any ideas where to find one of those cheap?
  • CTMike
    Options
    caliking said:

LOL, yes the lattice was cut by the laser also. Thanks for the well wishes.

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • CTMike
    Options
    CTMike said:
    All joking aside, pretty awesome creation there.
    Thanks, and in the interest of full-disclosure I purchased the file - I am not a right brain dominant type person and could never design something like this myself. I’m more of a monkey buy file, monkey push button and make things type of person. 

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    Options
    I bought one 😀
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • CTMike
    Options
    GlennM said:
    I bought one 😀
    Which one did you buy?

RECOVERING BUBBLEHEAD
    Southeastern CT. 
  • GlennM
    GlennM Posts: 1,365
    edited February 2023
    Options
    CTMike said:
    GlennM said:
    I bought one 😀
    Which one did you buy?
    LaserPecker. Cell phone case 
    In the bush just East of Cambridge,Ontario 
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    CTMike said:
    caliking said:

LOL, yes the lattice was cut by the laser also. Thanks for the well wishes.
    I know lasers are capable of… laser-like precision, but that part of the box is impressive. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.