Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Vintage Tacklebox - OT

Options
MaskedMarvel
MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
edited February 2023 in EggHead Forum
Greetings friends!

@fishlessman had asked about my grandfather’s Tacklebox. The box, itself, was built by one of my great uncles. Our family have maybe four that haven’t been stolen. Imagine my surprise when I opened this one!

if there are specific things you’d like to see more clearly, I’m happy to oblige. 

Much love!
8-Damien

Large BGE and Medium BGE
36" Blackstone - Greensboro!

Comments

• MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    Options
    The knife looks like it might be a Marble's 1916 woodcraft
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Does this help? I’m curious if I’m supposed to open the butt end there…

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• northGAcock
    northGAcock Posts: 15,164
    Options
    Greetings friends!

@fishlessman had asked about my grandfather’s Tacklebox. The box, itself, was built by one of my great uncles. Our family have maybe four that haven’t been stolen. Imagine my surprise when I opened this one!

if there are specific things you’d like to see more clearly, I’m happy to oblige. 

Much love!
    8-Damien

She’s Gawjus!
    Ellijay GA with a Medium & MiniMax

Well, I married me a wife, she's been trouble all my life,
    Run me out in the cold rain and snow
  • MasterC
    MasterC Posts: 1,375
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Very close in design almost identical 
    Fort Wayne Indiana 
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    That is a treasure!  I wish it could talk!
    Clinton, Iowa
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    very cool man
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• ColtsFan
    ColtsFan Posts: 6,350
    Options
    That’s dope. 
    ~ John - https://www.instagram.com/hoosier_egger
    XL BGE, LG BGE, KJ Jr, PK Original, Ardore Pizza Oven, King Disc 
    Bloomington, IN - Hoo Hoo Hoo Hoosiers!

• johnmitchell
    Options
    Love it !! 
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    Paging @fishlessman as he may just suggest shipping the entire thing to him.  I'm sure once he gets a few more pics he will pay the shipping.  Looks like a great historical find. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • MaskedMarvel
    MaskedMarvel Posts: 3,144
    edited February 2023
    Options
    Another tool box. There’s a third in my basement, somewhere…

Edit - I mentioned some were stolen. I know an ex-landlord stole one from me about 20 years ago. 
    .. can’t find that third one I thought I had. … wonder if I’m just remembering that one…

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Yeah. I can see the “memory” of the other tool box - it had a tan handle. I think it’s stolen. 

But! I actually didn’t know this was of the same ilk… a find, while excavating stuff I just brought from my parents’ basement…

pretty cool.. I hope that other box is bringing someone appropriate joy, somewhere…

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Oh boy…do you mind telling us when you think that BEAUTIFUL  piece  was actually made? All of that corner and handle hardware is quite similar to a liquor caddy I was commissioned to make 40 plus years ago! I lost pictures so I really appreciate that closed case picture you posted!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Looks like you had a rc pilot in the family or control line 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    RRP said:
    Oh boy…do you mind telling us when you think that BEAUTIFUL  piece  was actually made? All of that corner and handle hardware is quite similar to a liquor caddy I was commissioned to make 40 plus years ago! I lost pictures so I really appreciate that closed case picture you posted!
    Thanks brother. I’ve got my mom on text, which means I may get more details in a week lol. I’d say it’s been over 40 years…

We’re from San Antonio. These came from family there. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Looks like you had a rc pilot in the family or control line 
    That’s me. R/C cars. 
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Abosutly awesome. 100000 times nicer than I would have thought. Absolutely a beautiful tackle box. That needs to be in a den for presentation.  The lures are worth some money, the lure boxes maybe more. Need to look closer off this phone Monday but the tackle box is a priceless family heirloom.
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Once again you never know what handmade items become absolutely priceless many years later! I am the end of the conveyor belt of our family and I have items my late Father made and saved.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • MaskedMarvel
    Options
    RRP said:
    Once again you never know what handmade items become absolutely priceless many years later! I am the end of the conveyor belt of our family and I have items my late Father made and saved.
    Would absolutely LOVE to see some of your favorites. Share those memories, my friend!!
    Large BGE and Medium BGE

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    RRP said:
    Same here, being on the farm swmbo ancestors had a hand in everything I encounter, I found a old pre prohibition whiskey bottle in the barn and they swear it was for treating livestock lol.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• bubbajack
    bubbajack Posts: 1,099
    Options
    Very Nice! 

I drink cheap beer so I can afford good bourbon.

Salisbury, NC...... XL,Lx3,Mx2,S, MM, Mini BGE, FireDisc x2. Blackstone 22", Offset smoker, weber kettle 22"

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Found another one!

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,407
    Options
    I'm quite sure museums would appreciate weaving those into a display or exhibit. 
    What craftsman skills. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Kayak
    Kayak Posts: 700
    Options
    MasterC said:
    Does this help? I’m curious if I’m supposed to open the butt end there…

I have the same model, which I presume was my dads navy issue from 1950. 

Bob

New Cumberland, PA
    XL with the usual accessories

• MaskedMarvel
    Options
    Fun old tools in that one box…

Large BGE and Medium BGE

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Nice barrel tap, you can sell it to the guy who was looking for a bung plug.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Yno
    Yno Posts: 529
    Options
    So that's where the remote got to...
    XL BGE in San Jose, CA. Also a Pit Barrel Cooker, a Cal Flame P4 gasser, and lots of toys including the first ever Flame Boss 300 in the wild. And a new Flame Boss 500.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    Fun old tools in that one box…

Someone have a Model T in your family?  A few of those look like they could be old Ford tools from Model T / Model A vintage.
    Clinton, Iowa