Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Irish O’ Garlic Sausages

Options
By Johnsonville. Good and simple cook. Cooked them slowly with a few splashes of canola oil, malt vinegar, coupla drops of hickory liquid smoke, cracked pepper, granulated garlic and onion powder. Served up with brown mustard and homemade chow chow on a buttered and toasted sweet Hawaiian split top hot dog bun. 

Costco premade Mac n cheese to go with. Enough for 6-8 people easily and only $12. Best Mac n cheese I’ve had and hassle free. I don’t know what they put in it, but it’s terrific. 

One of those “simpler is better” nights. 

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    nice!
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • johnmitchell
    Options
    That looks so good!! Yum
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • bluebird66
    bluebird66 Posts: 2,733
    Options
    That's a great looking meal!
    Large Egg with adjustable rig, Kick Ash Basket, Minimax and various Weber's.
    Floyd Va

• JohnnyTarheel
    Options
    Yes sir!!
    Charlotte, NC - Large BGE 2014, Maverick ET 733, Thermopen, Nest, Platesetter, Woo2 and Extender w/Grid, Kick Ash Basket, Pizza Stone, SS Smokeware Cap, Blackstone 36"
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,846
    Options
    When simpler turns out like that it is indeed better.

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    With those two little ones, I would hazard that no night is truly “simple”. But it’s beautiful chaos all around. 
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    With those two little ones, I would hazard that no night is truly “simple”. But it’s beautiful chaos all around. 
    Couldn’t have said it better.  Pizza delivery tonight. Life is most definitely a beautiful mess. 🤪
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Dyal_SC said:

This looks so daamn good. I don't know if I've had chow chow before, but I think I'd like it. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,056
    Options
    caliking said:
    Dyal_SC said:

This looks so daamn good. I don't know if I've had chow chow before, but I think I'd like it. 
    @caliking , it’s good stuff. Never made it myself, but my mother has made it her whole life. I used to hate it when she made it when I was a kid because the house would smell like it for 2 days. I believe there are different varieties, but the one she makes is traditional southern obviously. This one had cabbage and a variety of peppers. Although she makes it from whatever they grow around the house or pickup from the local farmers market, so it’s never exactly the same every time. Hoping she makes more soon… I’m all out. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    Options
    I love brats, Johnsonvilles in particular, but usually don't crave them in the winter until seeing those. Looks great!
    Stillwater, MN