Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT - Pictures of Pets (2023)

Options

Comments

• Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    Osso and Bucco?
  • Dobie
    Dobie Posts: 3,364
    Options
    I couldn’t be a farmer, they’d all be my pets. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    edited May 2023
    Options
    Osso and Bucco?

Inky and Big Red. Inky is the brains of the operation.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,627
    Options
    @alaskanassasin that looks like the cow version of the twins from the Shining
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,895
    Options
    RRP said:
    His is Corky - a Westie - who we brought home exactly 6 years ago today to live with us for the rest of his and our lives!

Actually that picture was taken after his ears had stood up. Here is a YouTube of him the very day we brought him home 6 yard ago yesterday. BTW he still rolls and flips like that!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1V76LDTw8
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,976
    Options
    RRP said:
    RRP said:
    His is Corky - a Westie - who we brought home exactly 6 years ago today to live with us for the rest of his and our lives!

Actually that picture was taken after his ears had stood up. Here is a YouTube of him the very day we brought him home 6 yard ago yesterday. BTW he still rolls and flips like that!
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eX1V76LDTw8
    That's a very nice memory for you, Ron.  It's great that you caught it on video. 
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    Napping.

A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • RRP
    Options
    Dobie said:

a buddy of mine who also lives in FL also has a cat who will climb the screen after a gecko - is that what yours is chasing as well?
  • Dobie
    Options
    They will climb after Anole lizards but this time she just had the zoomies and was going nuts. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @Dobie - "the zoomies" - haven't heard that term before, but it's perfect.   One of our cats gets them too and will also climb the screens on our porch.  We like to say that when it's not obvious what she's chasing, that she "sees dead cats".
  • Dobie
    Options
    @Dobie - "the zoomies" - haven't heard that term before, but it's perfect.   One of our cats gets them too and will also climb the screens on our porch.  We like to say that when it's not obvious what she's chasing, that she "sees dead cats".
    Feline Sixth Sense? 
    Jacksonville FL
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,658
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Feline Sixth Sense? 
    Burning off energy in my experience, they start crawling the walls around here if they haven’t had enough outside time.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• Dobie
    Options
    Dobie said:
    Feline Sixth Sense? 
    Burning off energy in my experience, they start crawling the walls around here if they haven’t had enough outside time.
     Mine are inside only but I understand the farm cat is different. 
    Jacksonville FL
  • DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    @Battleborn

Stepping in your territory today … dog came in tweaking on Uncle Daddy’s Meth.. Finally admitted was theirs .. but then asked if we had a way to differentiate between theirs or PawPaw’s to see who was going to have to pay the bill…..they would be willing to bring some up to the clinic if we could 

@nolaegghead
    Had another dog taking after you 

• Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,359
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Battleborn

Stepping in your territory today … dog came in tweaking on Uncle Daddy’s Meth.. Finally admitted was theirs .. but then asked if we had a way to differentiate between theirs or PawPaw’s to see who was going to have to pay the bill…..they would be willing to bring some up to the clinic if we could 

@nolaegghead

A dog on meth. Hope it wasn’t a Malinois, that would be scary. 
    Las Vegas, NV

• DuckDogDr
    Options
    @Battleborn

Nope was a 95 lb Pitt .. full onset. I’m not a fan of pitts but felt sorry for the dog. Pupils were as wide as they could get .. whole body was tremmoring, dog didn’t know which way to go and was literally trying to climb any and every wall he went by.  Temp was 105
  • Dobie
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Battleborn

@nolaegghead

Help me out, what am I looking at here?
    Jacksonville FL
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,087
    Options
    @DuckDogDr

That is a conundrum.  Would be great to report the owners, but also good they brought the dog in.  If they get arrested, next time they might just let the dog die.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • DuckDogDr
    Options
    @Dobie
    it’s an X-ray of a dog laying on its side . The water balloon with the bright rocks just in front of the pelvis is a bladder that’s 10x too big… all those bright things are bladder stones..

if you look just behind the leg bones there are 4 stones completely stuck in the urethra 
  • RRP
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @Battleborn

Nope was a 95 lb Pitt .. full onset. I’m not a fan of pitts but felt sorry for the dog. Pupils were as wide as they could get .. whole body was tremmoring, dog didn’t know which way to go and was literally trying to climb any and every wall he went by.  Temp was 105
    As a dog lover this whole story makes me truly sad...

On a different side I had a horrible reaction to my first and ONLY experience with fentanyl that was given to me in the hospital 21 years ago after some surgery. Just like that poor dog half my size I too was climbing the walls!!! It took 2 male nurses to hold me down so a 3rd nurse could give me a shot to counteract that fentanyl sh*t l!!!

Why anyone would knowingly take fentanyl as a joy ride is beyond me! 
  • DuckDogDr
    edited May 2023
    Options
    @RRP I had fentanyl or supposedly had Fentanyl 1 time and I was no more affected than if I 2 shots of whiskey; a completely underwhelming and quite honestly disappointing experience compared to its reputation 

The reply everyone has had to that statement was … well your nurse took it then …. And the Dr couldn’t believe I had “received 2 doses”. I just shrugged it it off and said we’ll what’s the next game plan.. (was getting sedated for gastric biopsies)
  • RRP
    Options
    DuckDogDr said:
    @RRP I had fentanyl or supposedly had Fentanyl 1 time and I was no more affected than if I 2 shots of whiskey; a completely underwhelming experience..

The reply everyone that has had to that statement was … well your nurse took it then …. And the Dr couldn’t believe I had “received 2 doses”
    Whatever, Doc…I just know I NEVER want to experience fentanyl again!

A 20 year old daughter of a doctor just half a mile from me took a boat load of fentanyl on a joy ride a year ago. Her reaction was so bad that her lungs ruptured as well as her stomach. Of course she died! Blood everywhere! What a joyous Saturday night ride!  :|
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    RRP said:
    DuckDogDr said:
    @RRP I had fentanyl or supposedly had Fentanyl 1 time and I was no more affected than if I 2 shots of whiskey; a completely underwhelming experience..

The reply everyone that has had to that statement was … well your nurse took it then …. And the Dr couldn’t believe I had “received 2 doses”
    Whatever, Doc…I just know I NEVER want to experience fentanyl again!

A 20 year old daughter of a doctor just half a mile from me took a boat load of fentanyl on a joy ride a year ago. Her reaction was so bad that her lungs ruptured as well as her stomach. Of course she died! Blood everywhere! What a joyous Saturday night ride!  :|
    That’s a heartbreaking story there, Ron.  I feel terrible for the parents and I don’t even know them.
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,303
    Options
    My 9 year old boxer has hardly eaten since Saturday. Saturday he tried to take a dump on his walk but all that came out is an off colored fluid. The vet said to bring him in tomorrow and they would try to work him in. His regular vet is on a 2 week vacation.