Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BBQ and travel recommendations for Vancouver / West Canada

We're doing a three week roadtrip around BC in September, in and out of Vancouver. We're either going to into the Yukon, looping through Whitehorse, or head towards Jasper and Banff. Looking for BBQ recommendations and also any "you gotta go here" ideas. Thanks folks. 
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
| Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
| My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk

Comments

• Sounds like a phenomenal trip. Really taking in Canada, I see. That’s great. 

Am going to Vancouver for business next month (a far trek for me), so may be able scope out a few options for you. I went to a BBQ joint in Victoria, BC that was pretty clutch while there for work many years back. 
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    Sent you a PM.
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Braggart said:
    Sent you a PM.
    Why not share your recommendations with the rest of us?
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Braggart
    Braggart Posts: 238
    dmchicago said:
    Braggart said:
    Sent you a PM.
    Why not share your recommendations with the rest of us?

No recommendations at this point, more of a invitation for some discussion.

I live in Western Canada...
    Large BGE
    MMax BGE
    Weber gasser
    3 Dogs
    No neighbours 
    Living in Canada's bush
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Then why not have the discussion in the open forum?

My wife and I are considering a similar trip for this summer.

I'd love to hear any and all "discussions". 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,322
    edited January 2023
    The only insight I will offer is that the best dressed and styled women I have seen in a city is in Victoria, BC.  Hands down and I have conducted this amateur survey in several worldly cities across all continents save Antarctica.
    Edit:  Enjoy the vacation!

Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • GrateEggspectations
    GrateEggspectations Posts: 9,252
    edited January 2023
    lousubcap said:
    The only insight I will offer is that the best dressed and styled women I have seen in a city is in Victoria, BC.  Hands down and I have conducted this amateur survey in several worldly cities across all continents save Antarctica.

True story. When I was young and was working in a job that required some travel, I happened to visit Victoria (about 4,500kms from me). My boss, a relatively young and style-forward female, mentioned some really neat areas of town, including clothing stores. I took note. My (fairly new) wife couldn’t make the trip with me at the time. In her absence, I hit up the women’s clothing shops and ultimately came home with three dresses for her. When I gave them to her, they all fit to a tee. Just perfectly. Perfectly. One of the best, best gambles of my life. She still wears them and still tells this story. 

I figure I can coast until my death now. 
  • lousubcap said:

True story. When I was young and was working in a job that required some travel, I happened to visit Victoria (about 4,500kms from me). My boss, a relatively young and style-forward female, mentioned some really neat areas of town, including clothing stores. I took note. My (fairly new) wife couldn’t make the trip with me at the time. In her absence, I hit up the women’s clothing shops and ultimately came home with three dresses for her. When I gave them to her, they all fit to a tee. Just perfectly. Perfectly. One of the best, best gambles of my life. She still wears them and still tells this story. 

I figure I can coast until my death now. 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Stormbringer
    Stormbringer Posts: 2,062
    edited January 2023
    So BBQ is probably out of the question and Victoria, BC is the place to be :). @dmchicago I'll update this thread with what I find. At a starting point, we have found this blog to be a very good source of ideas: https://inafarawayland.com/western-canada-road-trip-plan/
    | Cooking and blogging with a Large and Minimax in deepest, darkest England-shire
    | My food blog ... BGE and other stuff ... http://www.thecooksdigest.co.uk