Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Dry aging update...

Options
Morning All:

You may remember my post about the beef rib roast I got on 12/23/22...here it is ready for the fridge...

Well we are now 18/19 days into aging & this is what it looks like now...

One thing I had wanted to do also was wrap it in cheesecloth then soak the cheesecloth with Amaretto but didn't have the cheesecloth when it first went into the fridge...the much better half got some cheesecloth yesterday so now it is wrapped & soaked with about a third of a bottle of Amaretto...

Another 25 to 30 days to go...I may re-soak the cheesecloth in about 10 days...already wanting to cut a couple steaks off of it, but "patience, grasshopper".

Have a GREAT day!

Jay

Brandon, FL

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,768
    edited January 2023
    Options
    SSN686 said:
    Morning All:

You may remember my post about the beef rib roast I got on 12/23/22...here it is ready for the fridge...

Well we are now 18/19 days into aging & this is what it looks like now...

One thing I had wanted to do also was wrap it in cheesecloth then soak the cheesecloth with Amaretto but didn't have the cheesecloth when it first went into the fridge...the much better half got some cheesecloth yesterday so now it is wrapped & soaked with about a third of a bottle of Amaretto...

Another 25 to 30 days to go...I may re-soak the cheesecloth in about 10 days...already wanting to cut a couple steaks off of it, but "patience, grasshopper".
    Looks Great, curious about soaking cheese cloth with Amaretto , seems counterintuitive to add a wet cloth when dry aging 

I'm sure it adds some flavor and helps with the bad bugs but would slow the process?
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian