Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

SRF Brisket on Pellet Pooper

Options
Rolled back into town about 4am this morning. Stopped in Dallas for a quick run through HEB. 
Trimmed them up and tosses on the Smokefire pellet pooper. Just got up to check them…back to bed for a couple more hours. Taking to wife’s retirement party in Fredericksburg this weekend. Both about 150 right now.

Thank you,
Darian

Galveston Texas

Comments

• Plutonium
    Plutonium Posts: 230
    Options
    Dang! Your HEB has SRF on the shelf?!? I need to get back to Texas!
    Albuquerque, NM - LBGE and an old rusted gasser that I use for accessory storage.

• Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    Normally it's  not SRF. It's another brand that I can't remember off hand. But SRF does pop up now and then. This is far from my local store. I hit this store on my way through Dallas last night heading home to Galveston.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,375
    Options
    @Plutonium - no worries as you will always get a post on here when SRF lands in HEB, although not as frequent in '22 as '21.  And don't even ask about the price compared to on-line.  He!! of a deal.  
    I addressed this issue (feeding HEB) with SRF and their supply chain with a manager who assured me their on-line business had first priority.  (What else is he gonna say!!!) However, SRF on-line supplies have been going quickly across almost all weight ranges for the better part of '22.  Again, it is just an increase in demand according to SRF.  
    Who knows?
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @Plutonium - no worries as you will always get a post on here when SRF lands in HEB, although not as frequent in '22 as '21.  And don't even ask about the price compared to on-line.  He!! of a deal.  
    I addressed this issue (feeding HEB) with SRF and their supply chain with a manager who assured me their on-line business had first priority.  (What else is he gonna say!!!) However, SRF on-line supplies have been going quickly across almost all weight ranges for the better part of '22.  Again, it is just an increase in demand according to SRF.  
    Who knows?
    I still think the SRF stuff that goes to HEB are not on par with what you get direct as a customer as far as shape and trim. But they did have a beautiful 22 pounder.  But I knew it wouldn’t fit the cooler I had. The 4 other SRF briskets at the store looked terrible. The other brand of American Wagyu looked good as well but I grabbed the SRF because I don’t see it as often.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Score!!

Closer to home for you, I've seen SRF briskets at the HEB on Blackhawk (off Beltway 8), and at the one on League City Parkway.

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Plutonium said:
    All the Wagyu steaks at HEB are SRF. Briskets are mostly Mishima Reserve (Just as excellent) with the occasional batch of SRF in there. If you weren’t mad enough…These wagyu briskets are $7.99lb lol
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Photo Egg said:
    Rolled back into town about 4am this morning. Stopped in Dallas for a quick run through HEB. 
    Trimmed them up and tosses on the Smokefire pellet pooper. Just got up to check them…back to bed for a couple more hours. Taking to wife’s retirement party in Fredericksburg this weekend. Both about 150 right now.

I know a guy in Fredericksburg who loves SRF brisket lol. Hope you guys have fun up here. Let me know if you need any pointers on where to go. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,027
    Options
    That's going to be good eats! Congrats to your wife with the retirement! 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • lousubcap
    Options
    Better to be lucky than good any day with the HEB/SRF connection.  F'me in flyover country.   =)
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • lousubcap
    Options
    This thread has been given the submerged assignment for the remainder of its life.  
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    This thread has been given the submerged assignment for the remainder of its life.  
    Ha Ha, I saw that. No big deal. Jealousy is the best compliment. I should have cooked it in my pizza oven.lol
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options
    Photo Egg said:

I know a guy in Fredericksburg who loves SRF brisket lol. Hope you guys have fun up here. Let me know if you need any pointers on where to go. 
    Message sent.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    totally jealous ... 
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • Dyal_SC
    Dyal_SC Posts: 6,053
    Options
    Looks like a great start. How’d it all turn out?  
  • Photo Egg
    Options

Warming up in the water bath right now. So far so good.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • Photo Egg
    Options

It was good but SV just destroyed the bark.
    It was juicy and very tender.

Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • smbishop
    smbishop Posts: 3,053
    Options
    Excellent and fun cook!  The only HEB I get to, is in 
    Gatesville, I'll start keeping an eye out!
    Southlake, TX and Cowhouse Creek - King, TX.  2 Large, 1 Small and a lot of Eggcessories.