Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

What size skillet to use for quiche in BGE. andante comments on BGE vs oven taste

Options
I  am going to get either a lodge 12 or 10 inch skillet to use on the egg for quiche and other things. Looking for size recommendations and cooking suggestions.
I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    What size BGE?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I have a 10" for my Minimax.
    I have a 12" for my large.  Both are the dual handle models.  They fit nicely.  If you get the long handled model, I am not sure which sizes fit best.

Clinton, Iowa
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    Hard to help without knowing your size constraints (i.e., BGE model). In case it is helpful though, you can lop the handles off CI pretty easily if it helps you. Just don’t do it on driveway or interlocks, as the dust will rust and you will end up with red spots on all surfaces. 
  • GoldenQ
    GoldenQ Posts: 566
    Options
    I have an XL
    I XL  and 1 Weber Kettle  And 1 Weber Q220       Outside Alvin, TX-- South of Houston
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    GoldenQ said:
    I have an XL
    If you want the biggest that will fit, then get the 17" dual handle.

What sized pan would you cook your quiche in normally?  The 17" is a nice pan, but I am not sure you want a 17" quiche.  The 10 or 12 will fit your grill, are a lot less expensive, and would be a better size for a quiche, I would think.

But, with the XL, you have a lot of skillet size options.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,125
    Options
    Langner91 said:
    GoldenQ said:
    I have an XL
    If you want the biggest that will fit, then get the 17" dual handle.

What sized pan would you cook your quiche in normally?  The 17" is a nice pan, but I am not sure you want a 17" quiche.  The 10 or 12 will fit your grill, are a lot less expensive, and would be a better size for a quiche, I would think.

But, with the XL, you have a lot of skillet size options.
    Check out Homegoods and TJ Max, they usually have Lodge and their prices are really good.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin