Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

“Brisklet

Options
My wife brought home a 2 1/2# brisket. I know, I know. Anyone ever done one this small?  Looks like this. We’ll I guess I don’t know how to include photos #%=}. 

Anyway covered with Elder Ward’s rub and plan to put on Egg at about noon at 240 or so. Thinking it will take 3 or 4 hours. Then an hour or so in cooler, then a fine dinner. However, timing is pretty much a guess. Any tips?  Please!

Comments

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    Very likely a flat and the finish line is quite narrow.  Go til it probes smooth.  Regarding time at that temp-I was asked to cook around a 4 lb flat and it took longer than I thought it would by a good 90-120 minutes.  You can foil protect the thinner section for a period of the cook if it is trimmed that way.  
    I would use the FTC hold to your advantage and anticipate a couple more hours of cook time.  
    That's all I've got but I do notice that smaller pork butts take longer per lb than larger ones. FWIW-
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gandolf
    Gandolf Posts: 906
    Options
    Thanks. I’m under way. 
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options

Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Gandolf
    Options
    Well that thing took 8 hours finishing at 8:00. Couldn’t believe it took that long, but turned out pretty good. Cubed the point, about 9 cubes :) and sliced the flat. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    @Gandolf - The smaller cuts do have a mind of their own and more stubborn than the larger ones.  Next time you can accelerate the cook by raising the temp  at least to 300*F (higher if no sugar in the rub) and/or wrapping in butcher paper or foil.  
    I will send you a PM with some notes I have accumulated over time.
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Gandolf
    Options
    Got ‘em. Thanks