Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Brisket Question

Options
Good Day.  I have a 8 lb. Brisket. Never really used butcher paper. Looks like some folks wrap the meat in paper at 170 deg. 
Then what? Leave the paper on when it’s ready to rest in the cooler? 
About an hour a pound? 
Thanks, it’s been awhile….
Pure Michigan
Grand Rapids, Michigan  LBGE, SBGE

Comments

• lkapigian
    lkapigian Posts: 10,767
    Options
    Wrap when bark is set ( rub does not come off when you touch it ), I just throw it in a pan in Cambro as is, some wrap in foil or cellophane.. never gone by time… @lousubcap has the best info 
    Visalia, Ca @lkapigian
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,111
    Options
    Keep it in the paper till you are ready to slice.

Some say Aaron Franklin has reached his great height by standing on @lousubcap 's shoulders.  I recommend listing to what he has to say when he pops in.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,393
    edited October 2022
    Options
    @otter-don't believe anything you see from @Ozzie_Isaac =) but I do have quite a collection of material on brisket cooks that covers your question and more.  Look for a PM in a few minutes.
    Edit: Sounds like you have a flat.  My material focuses on a packer.  However, here's a link to a recipe that has gotten good reviews: Ray Lampe brisket flat on a BGE-
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l-BrQ_jefYc 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • wps456
    wps456 Posts: 90
    Options
    I wrap in butcher paper after it comes out of the stall (usually about 170-180 or so), place back on egg, put meat thermometer back in and start checking for done at about 200-ish. The time depends on cooking temp, but I leave wrapped and let rest for about 2 hours. Here’s a pic from yesterday, was really good but only let rest an hour.