Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

I am an old guy now

Options
Since both BGE and I were born in 74, I figured some gear was in order.  Somehow USPS ran over the box with a truck, but everything survived.

I can now hang this in my garage like a proper old man should.  

Comments

• cookingdude555
    Options
    RRP said:
    huh??? born in 1974 =48 in 2022. You call THAT old, youngster???   B)
    You’re correct. My age doesn’t make me old. But hanging the BGE plaque in the garage does. I’m ok with this age designation. The biggest bummer was the hat didn’t fit my big head. My 13 yo son loved it tho so it worked out ok. 
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    Since both BGE and I were born in 74, I figured some gear was in order.  Somehow USPS ran over the box with a truck, but everything survived.

i remember when the old folk hung the signs on the outside of the garage

License plate barn

like the sign

fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Hook_emHornsfan_74
    Options

Born in '74 here as well.  Birthday is actually this Friday.  Somedays I feel old, 2 back surgeries and all.  lol 
    Midland, TX XLBGE
  • TEXASBGE2018
    Options

Born in '74 here as well.  Birthday is actually this Friday.  Somedays I feel old, 2 back surgeries and all.  lol 
    It feels odd to me to be called the "kid" sometimes at work when I'm 38. 

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• Gulfcoastguy
    Options
    At 48 there are Gen Z workers already mumbling about the old fart needs to retire so that they can move up.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options

It feels odd to me to be called the "kid" sometimes at work when I'm 38. 

@TEXASBGE2018THEKID   I like it, has a jingle to it.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,385
    Options
    I have been reflecting on the sign and old but since your sign is inside I'm with @fishlessman only because I don't have any outside signs.  I do have a lawn and a land line so those are a couple of aged markers.  
    I also remember when the reason "the New York Football Giants" were always referred to by that name is because New York had a baseball team, The Giants, also the Brooklyn Dodgers... Go West young man.  All in good fun.
    As Leroy "Satchel" Paige said, "How old would you be if you didn't know how old you were?"
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • TechsasJim
    TechsasJim Posts: 1,909
    Options
    I love it, 48 is old now.   I’m going to tell USPS to stop the AARP spam mail.   (Yes im
    older than 48).   

LBGE, 28” BS, Weber Kettle, HCI 7.8 SE Texas
  • lousubcap
    Options
    @TechsasJim - AARP has it dialed in.  On the day I turned 50 (eligible membership age) I received my opening salvo from AARP and that was quite a while ago.  I'm quite sure it has only been refined.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    @TechsasJim - AARP has it dialed in.  On the day I turned 50 (eligible membership age) I received my opening salvo from AARP and that was quite a while ago.  I'm quite sure it has only been refined.  
    I'm all about AARP membership. Can't wait to get in on the discounts :)

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    I joined AARP when I was 50.  That said I’ve been a member for 8 yrs
    caliking said:
    lousubcap said:
    I'm all about AARP membership. Can't wait to get in on the discounts :)
    Not to mention dinner starting at 4!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    Options
    For the record, I would rather eat at 10 PM than 6 PM any day of the week.  (4 PM doesn't even make the threshold...).  And yes, I am well clear of the AARP minimum age requirement by a couple of decades.   B)
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,897
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    For the record, I would rather eat at 10 PM than 6 PM any day of the week.  (4 PM doesn't even make the threshold...).  And yes, I am well clear of the AARP minimum age requirement by a couple of decades.   B)
    I'm 78 and been (a harassed member) since 2005. Most ALL of their mailings just go in the trash!

BUT UNTIL this tread...I had NO CLUE an AARP membership card was good for anything other than scraping frost off my windshield!

Like @lousubcap just said...4 PM??? even 6 PM? ...never mind...I'll just keep scraping!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Now that I see a bunch of us have AARP membership in common, can we talk about hemorrhoid creams?  Is this a good segue?
    Now that I see a bunch of us have AARP membership in common, can we talk about hemorrhoid creams?  Is this a good segue?
    Only if we talk about bidets’s also. 
  • nolaegghead
    Options
    Dennis!!!
    Options
    You're still young. I don't see a bowl of Werther's in the picture. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,767
    Options
    aarp is not getting my membership money but i may consider sending them some if they had an option to stop filling my mailbox
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,081
    Options
    For the frugal youngsters, you can join AARP before age 50 and enjoy the perks with some exceptions.  Recently learned this from a 20 something optometrist tech when getting a discount on my exam.  Worth looking into.
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA