Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

17 hour Brisket

Options
After 17 hours this 14 lb Brisket is wrapped and resting in the pizza bag to take to our office for lunch. 

Comments

• Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,842
    Options
    She's a beaut!  

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• BigBuford
    Options
    The only thing I don't like is that I had to wrap the brisket to take it to the office.  
    Wrapping causes the bark to get moist. 
    I was still happy with the overall flavor. 
  • Gamecockeggman
    Options
    17 hrs wow!  What temp did you run it at?  Beautiful job
    Go Gamecocks!!!
    1 XL, 1 MM
    Smoking in Aiken South Carolina
  • BigBuford
    Options
    Cooked at 225 degrees using the Flame Boss 500
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    BigBuford said:
    The only thing I don't like is that I had to wrap the brisket to take it to the office.  
    Wrapping causes the bark to get moist. 
    I was still happy with the overall flavor. 
    Even the big gun brisket name in Austin wraps and rests his briskets. I think the resting will do far more good and your bark will still have the important flavor kick.
    I’m sure you had a happy office lunch crowd.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • BigBuford
    Options
    I wrapped this one in foil. Wrapping in butcher paper won't steam as much producing better bark.  No complaints from the office staff. 
  • Photo Egg
    Photo Egg Posts: 12,110
    Options
    BigBuford said:
    I wrapped this one in foil. Wrapping in butcher paper won't steam as much producing better bark.  No complaints from the office staff. 
    I think wrapping in butcher paper compared to foil, to finish your cook, once bark perfection is reached will help keep the bark crisper. Wrapping in butcher paper or foil after the cook, to rest, I did not see a difference. Only thing I have found that really makes a difference after the cook is letting the brisket rest unwrapped for 10-20 minutes to release some of the heat before wrapping for the rest/transport.
    Either way, yours looks perfect.
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • wwinnc
    Options
    Agree with @Photo Egg.  Prefer paper over foil and rest prior.  Great looking cook!!
    2 then 1 Large, 2 Medium, 1 Small !! Egging since 2013. God is good!