Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Vacation

Options
Hey all, 

Looking for recommendations. my whole family (15 of us) rented a beach house in myrtle beach. Due to there being 6 kids ranging from 3-6 years old, we all came to the conclusion it would easier to cook/order out and stay at the house. 

I am considering smoking a brisket and pork butt and brining in down. Has anyone tried doing something like this before ? 

My thoughts were to smoke it Sunday or Monday, let it rest, vacuum seal it, freeze it and bring it down in a cooler. When I get down there I thought I could heat it up and cut it? With the pork butt I was thinking I would pull it here and then vacuum seal it and heat it back up when we get there?

What are your thoughts?

should I change the temp I cook the meat too?
any tips/ suggestions are welcomed 

Comments

• The Cen-Tex Smoker
    The Cen-Tex Smoker Posts: 22,970
    edited August 2022
    Options
    Pork butt will keep and reheat way better than a brisket but if you are committed to both, I would personally just cook them all the way and vac seal. I would probably pull the pork, and keep the brisket whole. I would definitely reheat in the vac bags by Sous Vide if you have that option. Or reheat in a warm water bath on the stove top if you don’t have a SV setup. IF you have a hot tub at the house, that will work too. I would double bag or at least double seal the one bag it if you try that. 
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX