Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

supreme court hits the EPA

Options
fishlessman
fishlessman Posts: 32,740
this is going to be a crazy few years ahead........seat belts on
fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    Apparently it is not allowed to protect the environment in the country just because it is called the "Environmental Protection Agency".  Unreal.

What's next, drinking water?  The air we all breathe?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,035
    Options
    It does not allow them change the rules on already existing plants.  Essentially plants must abide by the rules they were built under.  Keeps the EPA from regulating plants out of existence.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,943
    Options
    It does not allow them change the rules on already existing plants.  Essentially plants must abide by the rules they were built under.  Keeps the EPA from regulating plants out of existence.
    Imagine a plant were built at a time when water quality regulations weren't well understood, and then after a few years the EPA discovered that actually a particular process was resulting in lead getting into water tables.  

Wouldn't you want to insist that the plant abide by a new set of regulations?  Or would you prefer to see them continue to be able to put lead into the water table, so that they wouldn't have to go out of business?
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    Next up: a ban on all methodology using instruments that weren’t invented when the constitution was written.  So no mass spectrometers, inductively coupled plasma spectrophotometers, gas chromatographs, etc
    Options
    Can’t wait until they rule on something (else) medical.  Bring back the leaches!
    Options
    Imagine a plant were built at a time when water quality regulations weren't well understood, and then after a few years the EPA discovered that actually a particular process was resulting in lead getting into water tables.  

Wouldn't you want to insist that the plant abide by a new set of regulations?  Or would you prefer to see them continue to be able to put lead into the water table, so that they wouldn't have to go out of business?
    Well, when you put it that way.  I see your point, and I get why this could be really bad.

At least Biden won the right to stop some of Trump's immigration policies.  The "libs" weren't skunked this term.  (Even if Americans were).

Actually, that is funny.  Foreigners gained rights and Americans lost rights this term.  Go patriots!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • fishlessman
    Options
    Can’t wait until they rule on something (else) medical.  Bring back the leaches!

they still use leaches....
    fukahwee maine

• HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,344
    Options

And maggots.
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• nolaegghead
    Options

True, but for everything back then, including hemorrhoids.  Today just to boost blood flow to damaged tissue that has very little or no blood flow.
    Options

True, but for everything back then, including hemorrhoids.  Today just to boost blood flow to damaged tissue that has very little or no blood flow.
    And to help in reattaching limbs.
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options

You misspelled flesh wound. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Legume
    Legume Posts: 14,610
    Options
    dmchicago said:

You misspelled flesh wound. 
    It’s ok, I looked it up and it means the same thing.
  • nolaegghead
    Options

Options
    Since EPA can no longer "Protect" the environment, Stephen Colbert made a new logo for them:

• fishlessman
    Options
    looks like the supreme court will soon be fixing the voting rules.........
    fukahwee maine

• nolaegghead
    Options
    Replace EPA with giant prayer warrior groups that get god to do all the environmental mumbo jumbo that ain't nobody got time for.