Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Pork Loin Chops and BIG salad

Options
EggNorth
EggNorth Posts: 1,535
Quick meal make from Pork loin from Costco - chop up into several meals of pork loin chops.   I enjoy these as much as the thick chops I usually do.

Minimax,  seasoned with my usual: Salt, Pepper, Garlic powder, Smoked Paprika, Crushed Red Pepper flakes.

Served with the BIG salad.  Topped later with Calorie Wise Catalina dressing.

I track my meals for the sodium and calories (Use MyNetDiary - used to use MyFitnessPal but drop that one because I do not like the new version recently released.  Unfortunately the free version of MyNetDiary does not track sugars  :/ )   Anyway this one came in as 492 calories and 510mg sodium (mostly from dressing).

Thanks
Dave
Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)

Comments

• loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    Nice looking plate!
    How did you season the chops?

aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,981
    Options
    very nice meal!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • EggNorth
    EggNorth Posts: 1,535
    edited June 2022
    Options
    loco_engr said:
    Nice looking plate!
    How did you season the chops?

Dried with paper towel (they were previously frozen). Then just sprinkled the “rub” mentioned above on both sides plus a little oil on each side also.  Applied spices one after the other, not pre mix.

I never put too much , I like to taste the meat, not the rub, however the dried crushed red peppers do provide a little heat.
    Dave
    Cambridge, Ontario - Canada
    Large (2010), Mini Max (2015), Large garden pot (2018)