Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

BGE Hearts?

Options
So I lurk on a few BGE Facebook groups.  The advice is super frustrating and mostly wrong, but I digress.

The new rage is finding hearts in the dimples. Is this a real thing, or just an artifact of the molding process?

@The_Buffalo any insight from the mecca?
A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS

Comments

• theyolksonyou
    theyolksonyou Posts: 18,458
    Options
    I used to work for the company that makes the ceramics for Bge. Trust me when I say, they would not spend the money on something so stupid.  
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    Hearts can be found in the centers of Cheerios if you work that hard finding them…which I don’t.
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    I have found four leaf clovers and yet I am here???
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    lousubcap said:
    I have found four leaf clovers and yet I am here???
    Me too…and then I spray that clover (weed) B)
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • dbCooper
    dbCooper Posts: 2,079
    edited May 2022
    Options
    LBGE, LBGE-PTR, 22" Weber, Coleman 413G
    Great Plains, USA
  • cookingdude555
    cookingdude555 Posts: 3,194
    Options
    It's been lore for years.  It's stupid, but that is my opinion.  I have several eggs and have never spent a second looking for a heart on one.
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    Fakebook is complete garbage ...
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Hansm said:
    Fakebook is complete garbage ...
    It is atrocious.  Who knew every single protein could be cooked for a specific time and temperature.  The really fancy cooks go to a specific done temp.  Apparently brisket is always done when a random part of it hits 203 deg F.  Always, and it will always be perfect.  I tried explaining one time, got completely shot down and told I didn't know anything.  Now I just lurk.
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    It's true, but not by the company.  One of the mold carvers is actually head of the department of symbols in the Illuminati.  These guys need to keep their day jobs for appearances.  Anywho, you'll find more than hearts if you look close enough (hint - jfk, fake moon landing, hoax virus, white replacement theory)...you might find some interesting stuff.
    Options
    RRP said:
    Hearts can be found in the centers of Cheerios if you work that hard finding them…which I don’t.
    They make special edition heart shaped Cheerios!  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I mean, the dimples are like dots, so you can use a sharpie and connect any of the dots as you please.
  • Langner91
    Langner91 Posts: 2,120
    Options
    I just spent an hour with a glass of Crown Royal while I grilled a spatch-chicken carefully examining every divot on my LBGE.  I have ZERO hearts on my BGE.  

I will say, they change shape based upon the angle they are observed.  So, even if I had one, chances are, I was looking at the wrong angle.

The neighbors already think I am weird.
    Clinton, Iowa
  • JohnInCarolina
    JohnInCarolina Posts: 30,944
    Options
    I’ve been kicked off a few BGE Facebook groups, lol.  Some of them… don’t tolerate much in the way of dissent, never mind photos of roast beef that resemble lady parts (truthfully I think I got the boot over that one because the mods were pissed so many people had liked it).  

Probably the funniest thing for me was when I’d discovered that Big Green Craig had blocked me on Facebook.  Oh, the humanity!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,336
    Options
    @Langner91 - I hope it was a healthy glass of Crown Royal.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    I’ve been kicked off a few BGE Facebook groups, lol.  Some of them… don’t tolerate much in the way of dissent, never mind photos of roast beef that resemble lady parts (truthfully I think I got the boot over that one because the mods were pissed so many people had liked it).  

Probably the funniest thing for me was when I’d discovered that Big Green Craig had blocked me on Facebook.  Oh, the humanity!

End qoute.

I'm not surprised  ;)
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,036
    Options

They are a real mean bunch who are not interested in getting better at cooking.  All the A5 Beef posts are hilarious.  "Why would you eat that? It is all fat", "oohh, must be nice to come on here and brag",  "My 1/2" choice was better then that trash."
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    I cancelled Fakebook and Twitter. A large collection of censoring losers there that hate America. I do have an Instagram that I use for cooking stuff.
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,741
    Options
    if someone could just count all the dimples on a large, its something we need to know. im sure it has something with how long a cook takes
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it