Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Royal Oak Lump quality

Options
2»

Comments

• Squatchcakes
    Squatchcakes Posts: 3
    edited May 2022
    Options
    Good news/Bad news. Just picked up last the 4 bags of Rockwood at my local Ace, 50% off. I asked if they were going to continue carrying Rockwood, guy said it didn't look promising.  

Fogo was also 50% off
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,536
    Options
    @Squatchcakes - welcome aboard and enjoy the journey.  Above all, have fun.  
    You may want to ask why the likely discontinuation.  
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Squatchcakes
    Options
    Appreciate that 'cap. 

Boss man blamed corporate. Hope this isn't the case, been a fairly exclusive Rockwood user since day 1.  The convenience of buying one bag at a time has been great and the charcoal has also been consistently consistent. 
  • StillH2OEgger
    StillH2OEgger Posts: 3,751
    Options
    Good news/Bad news. Just picked up last the 4 bags of Rockwood at my local Ace, 50% off. I asked if they were going to continue carrying Rockwood, guy said it didn't look promising.  

Fogo was also 50% off
    They may no longer stock it, but unless something has changed I would think you could still order it from their website for in-store pick-up.
    Stillwater, MN
  • stlcharcoal
    stlcharcoal Posts: 4,688
    Options
    Appreciate that 'cap. 

Boss man blamed corporate. Hope this isn't the case, been a fairly exclusive Rockwood user since day 1.  The convenience of buying one bag at a time has been great and the charcoal has also been consistently consistent. 
    Just shipped them 13 truckloads, so if that's the case I sure haven't heard about it.
  • 6baluts
    6baluts Posts: 275
    Options
    - I suspect the Ace in question is much like the ones nearby here. I have no problem picking up/sourcing Rockwood at the 5 closets Ace's its always in stock if available.
    - However flipping the script to B&B briqs or their Char-Logs only two of the local stores stock it on the shelf if available... but I can order it and pick it up at the other three stores if I desire, depending on availability.
    - I think the owners determine what product  will or won't be stocked on the shelves in the store.
    - Strange thing one of those two sources for B&B briqs is no larger than a normal size 7-11 and he always has two bags of briqs on the shelf.