Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Last of the stash of ozark oak

Options
For those that remember it. I finally pulled out my last five bags of ozark oak and two bags of the old hasty bake(not shown) that was the same stuff. Been burnin rock wood ever since the demise. 
Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 

Comments

• WeberWho
    WeberWho Posts: 11,030
    Options
    Gold!!!
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • WeberWho
    Options
    I would have started stacking....

"The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • Roadpuke0
    Roadpuke0 Posts: 529
    Options
    RRP said:
    I still have 16 bags of OO in what I call my Vintage Lump Charcoal IRA. Now that you have used your 5 bags then I’m closer to appearing sometime on Antique Road Show where I trust the appraiser with go bananas over my stash! And declare it priceless (or at least worth $200 to some BGE collector out there!) LOL
    THANKS RRP Thanks RRP now I am going to have stash them again until your 16 are gone. 
    Plumbers local 130 chicago.     Why do today what you can do tomorrow

weapons: XL, Minie, old gasser, weber, v10 Bradley smoker and sometimes talent!

Bristol, Wisconsin 
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,431
    Options
    I ain’t got room for a pallet of anything in covered, dry storage. No way I’m sitting on more than 2-3 bags of anything at any time
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    ColbyLang said:
    I ain’t got room for a pallet of anything in covered, dry storage. No way I’m sitting on more than 2-3 bags of anything at any time
    you sound like one of those folks deluded into thinking that garages are for cars...

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    WeberWho said:
    My buddy came back with 12 skids of it the last time he made a trip down. If I could have only predicted the future....

Yeah, buddy, but don’t you realize those are counterfeit bags of OO?

Unless those bags have the REAL butt print of Paxton on them before she went to prison there in AR then people are being scammed! 
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • saluki2007
    saluki2007 Posts: 6,354
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:
    My buddy came back with 12 skids of it the last time he made a trip down. If I could have only predicted the future....

Unless those bags have the REAL butt print of Paxton on them before she went to prison there in AR then people are being scammed! 
    What makes you think that is a recent picture?
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• WeberWho
    Options
    RRP said:
    WeberWho said:

What makes you think that is a recent picture?

This was towards the end before the family shut down and sold the company. Far from recent. (RRP that's Ripnem on the left if that says anything. He hasn't been active on the forum for years)

Minnesota
  • nolaegghead
    nolaegghead Posts: 42,102
    Options
    @henapple said he’s been out…
    Options
    OH BOY…when I step in dog sh*t trying to be funny…oh never mind, goodnight.
  • fiber_induced_deuce
    Options
    Sitting on a garage full of lump for years is like not driving your corvette for years.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,898
    Options
    Sitting on a garage full of lump for years is like not driving your corvette for years.
    Pretty sure you directed those VERY specific references to me, so here I go…

…My 16 bag stash of OO is sitting on a raised, quite dry platform. and my 27 year old Corvette sits on “Flat Protectors” but it does get driven. This summer that odometer might even rollover to 17k.
  • RyanStl
    RyanStl Posts: 1,050
    Options
    What was the name of that charcoal company that was on Dirty Jobs. I've tried to find the episode but can't.
  • HeavyG
    HeavyG Posts: 10,350
    Options
    RyanStl said:
    What was the name of that charcoal company that was on Dirty Jobs. I've tried to find the episode but can't.

Struemph Charcoal Works
    “Reality is that which, when you stop believing in it, doesn't go away.” ― Philip K. Diçk

• Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options

They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • RyanStl
    edited April 2022
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    RyanStl said:

Struemph Charcoal Works
    Thanks, saw the charcoal king thread first.

Where do get the clip? I have Discovery + and they don't have all the episodes. Tried YouTube as well.

Edit: just saw the screenshot was YouTube 
  • alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,663
    Options
    @RyanStl googled “dirty jobs charcoal” saw the clip, googled the hat and the egghead forum thread popped up. 
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-vd8u_7wI<a href="https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-vd8u_7wI">https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=G9-vd8u_7wI</a>
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• RyanStl
    Options
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    Used to have a pallet eac
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,114
    Options
    Mike Rowe is one celebrity I would love to meet and have a beer with.  I bet in person he is just like his TV persona.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • Hansm
    Hansm Posts: 214
    Options
    I have (1) BGE Maple, (1) BGE hardwood, (1) FOGO Black and (1) FOGO Gold in the garage
    LG BGE,  Weber Genesis gas, Weber 22" Kettle, Weber Smokey Joe
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Mike Rowe is one celebrity I would love to meet and have a beer with.  I bet in person he is just like his TV persona.

He does public speaking you should have him host your back yard christening!
    South of Columbus, Ohio.