Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT Easter 2022

Options
Canugghead
Canugghead Posts: 11,516
edited April 2022 in EggHead Forum
Did our Easter dinner yesterday. Not worthy as standalone thread but I need it when I can't remember down the road  :)

Maple roasted brussel sprouts with bacon, in oven. 
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/228875/maple-roasted-brussels-sprouts-with-bacon/

Air frying kofta meatballs for curry.

Leg of lamb, in oven. Family likes it fork tender. 
https://www.saveur.com/article/Recipes/Braised-Leg-of-Lamb/

Tritip, dry brined lightly few hours, SV 131F 15 hours, cooled, coated with oil and rub, seared on CI over chimney starter. Served with chimichurri sauce. Medium. Beefy and tender.

Thai glutinous rice and mango dessert.

canuckland

Comments

• GrateEggspectations
    Options
    A culinary tour de force, right there. Where’d you pick up the tri-tip? I suspect it’s not common in your parts. 
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,341
    Options
    Every bit worthy.  Great culinary diversity right there. Nailed it, as always.  Congrats. 
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Canugghead
    edited April 2022
    Options
    A culinary tour de force, right there. Where’d you pick up the tri-tip? I suspect it’s not common in your parts. 
    From Butcher's Son in TO, buried in freezer since 2018  :) SV is the way for me going forward, intense beefiness.
    Edit: you’re right, never seen it at regular supermarkets.
    canuckland
  • johnmitchell
    johnmitchell Posts: 6,570
    Options
    @Canugghead Absolutely spectacular spread
    Greensboro North Carolina
    When in doubt Accelerate....
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @lousubcap thanks, we have cultural identity problem too  :)
    canuckland
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @johnmitchell thanks, just hedging our bets to make sure no picky eater goes home hungry!
    canuckland
  • GrateEggspectations
    Options
    @johnmitchell thanks, just hedging our bets to make sure no picky eater goes home hungry!
    I have a great solution to the picky eater conundrum - I don’t befriend them! 😉
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,043
    Options
    Spectacular from start to finish!
    A bison’s level of aggressiveness, both physical and passive, is legendary. - NPS
  • Canugghead
    Options
    @GrateEggspectations my bad, picky is the wrong word, they aren’t picky by choice, can’t unfriend your kids 😂
    canuckland
  • caliking
    caliking Posts: 18,731
    Options
    Oh man. I love it when you throw down these family spreads, Gary. So. Much. Goodness.

What did you use for the sauce on the mango and sticky rice? Condensed milk, or did you make it? Also, what kind of rice did you use? I've wanted to make this for a long time. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.
  • Double Bogey
    Options
    Gary,
    I have not checked this site is quite awhile and when I do I see you have produced another unbelievable meal fit for king.  Well done!
    Larry
    Aiken, SC. and
    Fancy Gap, Va.
  • Canugghead
    edited April 2022
    Options
    Thanks folks for the kind words.

@caliking swmbo made the dessert, just run of the mill glutinous rice from Asian supermarket, soaked and steamed. Sauce is coconut milk seasoned with salt and sugar (optional), thickened slightly with cornstarch. Should be a piece of cake for you.

@Double Bogey what a pleasant surprise! If this is what it takes to see you here, I need to cook more than half decent more than once in a blue moon  ;)  Say hello to V for me.

canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    Thanks folks for the kind words.

@caliking swmbo made the dessert, just run of the mill glutinous rice from Asian supermarket, soaked and steamed. Sauce is coconut milk seasoned with salt and sugar (optional), thickened slightly with cornstarch. Should be a piece of cake for you.

@Double Bogey what a pleasant surprise! If this is what it takes to see you here, I need to cook more than half decent more than once in a blue moon  ;)  Say hello to V for me.

Noted. Decent mangoes in the markets now, so I’m on it. 

• DuckDogDr
    DuckDogDr Posts: 1,549
    Options
    Easter for myself has consisted of working… too many cases to manage .
    Girlfriend’s kid did cook for both of us today. Honey glazed pork chops along with a seasoned rice for a lunch before I came into work
  • ColbyLang
    ColbyLang Posts: 3,420
    Options

Easter egg hunt, fun jump for the kids and sideways boiled crawfish for lunch
  • Canugghead
    Options
    Stole this as reference for my next attempt:
    westernbbqwesternbbq Posts: 2,461
    Sous vide. 130F for 12 hours,  then sear
    canuckland
  • caliking
    Options
    Someone recommended SV x 8ish hours when I was trying tri-tip a while back, but I can't remember the temp (131F?),  or who had mentioned it. Can't find the post about it either. It was fantastic. The timing worked well, which is what I liked. Drop it in the bath in the morning, and its done in time for dinner. 

Just going to call out a a few folks, because I think it may have been one of them @Mattman3969 @Ozzie_Isaac @Legume

• Canugghead
    Options
    caliking said:
    Someone recommended SV x 8ish hours when I was trying tri-tip a while back, but I can't remember the temp (131F?),  or who had mentioned it. Can't find the post about it either. It was fantastic. The timing worked well, which is what I liked. Drop it in the bath in the morning, and its done in time for dinner. 

Just going to call out a a few folks, because I think it may have been one of them @Mattman3969 @Ozzie_Isaac @Legume
    Thanks, at 131F 15hrs the texture was fine but just thought I'd try 130/12 and see if I can reduce the amount of liquid in the bag.
    canuckland