Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rosemary Garlic Lemon chicken with high quality chicken

Options
Powak
Powak Posts: 1,391
edited March 2022 in EggHead Forum
Doin this forum classic tonight but using Bell & Evans chicken breasts instead of store brand. Can anyone tell me who has used this chicken before or even made this recipe with this brand of chicken if you need to still cut the breast in half? Or pound them down a little bit with a meat hammer? I just used bell and Evans breast for the first time last week and they were so tender they cut like butter so I’m just wondering if I make em too thin if they’ll just be cooked quick and not get the desired crust?

https://www.seriouseats.com/five-minute-grilled-chicken-cutlet-rosemary-garlic-lemon-recipe

Comments

• Powak
    Options
    Just cut the breasts in half instead of filleting them. Came out killer. That chicken upgrade is something else. No more wooden chicken! 

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    meat hammer, lol.
    NOLA
  • Foghorn
    Foghorn Posts: 9,870
    Options
    I've been avoiding this thread because the pursuit of higher quality pork and beef can be rabbit holes and I didn't know I needed to look into higher quality chicken.  That looks really good.  So, what's the relative price differential?

XXL BGE, Karebecue, Klose BYC, Chargiller Akorn Kamado, Weber Smokey Mountain, Grand Turbo gasser, Weber Smoky Joe, and the wheelbarrow that my grandfather used to cook steaks from his cattle

San Antonio, TX

• Powak
    Options
    Foghorn said:
    I've been avoiding this thread because the pursuit of higher quality pork and beef can be rabbit holes and I didn't know I needed to look into higher quality chicken.  That looks really good.  So, what's the relative price differential?
    I’ll be honest, I didn’t either until we just kept getting dang wooden chicken with every variety of store brand breasts. You can often tell wooden chicken because it has the white striations across the thick portion of the breast.  None to be found on this stuff. One day my wife came home with bell and Evan’s when they were out of store brand stuff and we were blown away. It’s only a dollar more per pound. Comes air chilled in a vacuum package and always has an incredibly good date on it. 

• 4TheGrillOfIt
    Options
    Bell and Evans is carried by Whole Foods and it’s pretty much all I buy these days.  Their whole chickens are excellent as well.  Fresh Market’s birds are just as good, but I like that with B&E the sell by date is usually two weeks ahead.  So it’s good just to keep in the fridge for whenever.  
    XL BGE, Large BGE, Small BGE, Weber Summit NG                                                                                               
    Memphis  
  • Powak
    Options
    Bell and Evans is carried by Whole Foods and it’s pretty much all I buy these days.  Their whole chickens are excellent as well.  Fresh Market’s birds are just as good, but I like that with B&E the sell by date is usually two weeks ahead.  So it’s good just to keep in the fridge for whenever.  
    I’ve been eyeing their whole birds. This store carry’s a large variety of B&E stuff. Thighs and tenders too.