Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

OT: Will Smith slaps Chris Rock at the Oscars

Options
Jcl5150
Jcl5150 Posts: 280
Real or staged?

Comments

• dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
     Real. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • Gulfcoastguy
    Gulfcoastguy Posts: 6,308
    Options
    B slap for a B.
  • Ozzie_Isaac
    Ozzie_Isaac Posts: 19,137
    Options
    Thought it was staged, until Will's out burst once he got back to his seat.  That seemed genuine.  Upon hearing the story I thought it was galiant of him.  Then I watched the entire thing on Youtube and my opinion did a 180.  He looked like a real prick who used the moment for self promotion and not out of any sort of respect for his wife.
    They don’t want a population of citizens capable of critical thinking. They don’t want well informed, well educated people capable of critical thinking. They’re not interested in that. That doesn’t help them. That's against their interests. - George Carlin
  • The Cen-Tex Smoker
    Options
    Don't care because it was hilarious. If fake, it was genius.
    Keepin' It Weird in The ATX FBTX
  • Battleborn
    Battleborn Posts: 3,363
    Options
  • Jcl5150
    Jcl5150 Posts: 280
    Options
    It was definitely weird that Smith was laughing at first, then when his wife gave him the eye he suddenly turned gallant.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,776
    Options
    i find it strange that he didnt get hit in the back of the head when he turned around to straighten his jacket....only in hollywood
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    Chris took it well.  

I can really be on both sides of this.  First,  anyone who is in a room with a stand up comedian on stage is fair game.  . . They usually make fun of everyone. I usually try to avoid sitting in the front few rows.  

But, everyone was not there for a stand up show.  They were there for the Oscar's and a stand up comedian was hosting.  The same people would have been in attendance if I was hosting.  

I like that Will stood up for his wife who is being mocked for a medical condition out of her control.  

Bottom line: I don't really care. I've got my own problems.  😁

Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • dmchicago
    dmchicago Posts: 4,516
    Options
    kl8ton said:
    Chris took it well.  

I can really be on both sides of this.  First,  anyone who is in a room with a stand up comedian on stage is fair game.  . . They usually make fun of everyone. I usually try to avoid sitting in the front few rows.  

But, everyone was not there for a stand up show.  They were there for the Oscar's and a stand up comedian was hosting.  The same people would have been in attendance if I was hosting.  

I like that Will stood up for his wife who is being mocked for a medical condition out of her control.  

I got 99 problems but a **** slap ain’t one. 

Also, I accidentally hit the dislike. My bad. 
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE. OONI 16, TOTO Washlet S550e (Now with enhanced Motherly Hugs!)

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • kl8ton
    kl8ton Posts: 5,430
    Options
    dmchicago said:
    kl8ton said:
    Chris took it well.  

I got 99 problems but a **** slap ain’t one. 

Also, I accidentally hit the dislike. My bad. 
    You just killed my forum points!  🤣
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI