Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Cooks Illustrated

2»

Comments

• RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    You are welcome! That package got there FAST!!!!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,665
    caliking said:

- I felt like their recipes had a New Englandy kinda blandness to them. How do you make a Thai dish that doesn’t pop? Follow the CI recipe. 

ive gotten away with putting an entire pound of white sugar on a brisket flat and letting it sit wrapped in the fridge to marinate before wiping it off and adding pepper and salt for a texas style low and slow. too many english and french canadians here that think good bbq is a hotdog cooked over kingsford briquettes. im the brisket king up here with that recipe
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    OhioEgger said:
    HeavyG said:
    Chris Kimball, who started that whole thing, was forced out a few years ago. He then founded a new empire called Milk Street. Milk Street focuses more on international foods but is similar to the ATK model he left in that he has a tv show, radio show, website, print publication,books, store, and just like ATK ... it too is always trying to upsell you on something. :)
    I was involved in an event with Kimball some years ago and took an instant dislike to him, as did pretty much everyone there except for the sponsor. Probably the most egotistical SOB I've ever met. For that reason alone I would never resubscribe to anything he did.

That's disappointing as I've been listening to his podcast for a while now and I enjoy it.
    NOLA
  • SonVolt
    SonVolt Posts: 3,314
    Been a subscriber to Cook's Illustrated for at least 20 years now. I added Milk Street when it started up. I know the internet is full of recipes, but it's nice to sit down with a dedicated magazine every couple of months. I still stumble on something new or add a new dish to my rotation a few times a year between CI and Milk Street. 
    South of Nashville  -  BGE XL  -  Alfresco 42" ALXE  -  Alfresco Versa Burner  - Sunbeam Microwave 
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,880
    Just today renewed my Cook's Illustrated for 3 more years! It's more economical that way. $40 for the first year, but then just $20 more for each year thereafter. Like @SonVolt just said - nice to sit down and read - and I still like their approach to explaining things - even their failed attempts and hints leading to their final recipe and success. 

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.