Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Comments

• JohnInCarolinaJohnInCarolina Posts: 22,214
    Whoa!  Not sure I would’ve predicted this one.  That’s really too bad.  He was only 65.
    "A generation of the unteachable is hanging upon us like a necklace of corpses." - George Orwell 

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike

Ruining the forum, one post at a time.  

Living large in the 919
  • WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,568
    That's awful. My wife got to meet him a few different times and he was always a class act. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
  • stv8rstv8r Posts: 985
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,879
    Bob was not on my Bingo Card for 2022.  That seemed to have come out of the blue.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

Some Eggs, some Weber stuff, the occasional Traeger, and various other things that make flames and hold coals.
  • RIP. I have heard his standup is pretty dirty, which surprises me, as I only ever knew him from Full House (I know; shame on me).
  • dmchicagodmchicago Posts: 3,261
    Philly - Kansas City - Houston - Cincinnati - Dallas - Houston - Memphis - Austin - Chicago - Austin

Large BGE.

"If I wanted my balls washed, I'd go to the golf course!"
    Dennis - Austin,TX
  • saluki2007saluki2007 Posts: 5,745
    edited January 10
    Large and Small BGE
    Central, IL

• RIP. I have heard his standup is pretty dirty, which surprises me, as I only ever knew him from Full House (I know; shame on me).
    He played himself on the HBO series Entourage where he was also pretty dirty, but hilarious. 
    Plainfield, IL
    XL BGE
  • RRPRRP Posts: 24,291
    Sorry to hear that. I've only been to CA twice - both times on a company nickel. The first time was a blast and I saw Saget in person as a newbie comic at one of those hot comedy stores way back in the late '70's. After that I always tried to watch him on his future shows.

Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • kl8tonkl8ton Posts: 3,821
    I haven't searched the interwebs about this story,  but is there speculation?   I FEEL like 90 percent of comedian hotel deaths are suicide. 
    Large, Medium, MiniMax, & 22, and 36" Blackstone
    Grand Rapids MI
  • TEXASBGE2018TEXASBGE2018 Posts: 3,414
    edited January 12
    They are saying he had COVID days before and they are investigating it now. He died in his sleep so not a suicide.

Rockwall, Tx    LBGE, Minimax, 22" Blackstone, Pizza Party Bollore. Cast Iron Hoarder.

• WeberWhoWeberWho Posts: 9,568
    kl8ton said:
    I haven't searched the interwebs about this story,  but is there speculation?   I FEEL like 90 percent of comedian hotel deaths are suicide. 

No foul play from anything that I've read. 
    "The pig is an amazing animal. You feed a pig an apple and it makes bacon. Let's see Michael Phelps do that" - Jim Gaffigan

Minnesota
    Weird.  He seemed like a healthy, well adjusted guy.  I grew up watching him on Full House during the TGIF lineup. Later in life I saw a video of his standup routine.  My perception of him changed greatly.  🤣
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,743
    Could be a brain aneurysm. It’s a shame anyway.
    I would hit Agree.  Seems wrong to "like" brain aneurysm.  
    Grand Rapids MI
  • BotchBotch Posts: 12,297
    kl8ton said:
    Since 90% of a comedian's life takes place in a hotel room, does this mean anything?  

Botch said:
    kl8ton said:
    Since 90% of a comedian's life takes place in a hotel room, does this mean anything?  
    Its like the statistics about car accidents. . . <PSAVOICE> You are 80% more likely to be in a car accident within 15 miles of your home. </PSAVOICE>

Yeah . . . 80% of my driving is . . . 
    Grand Rapids MI
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,974
    The court of public opinion is pretty tough. When I die I want every conversation about my legacy to start with    "The cause was not known, but the sheriff’s office said there were no signs of foul play or drug use."
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • Mark_B_GoodMark_B_Good Posts: 924
    News saying he was found with one arm over his chest, suggesting he suffered from a heart attack. Let's wait for the report, could take weeks.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • alaskanassasinalaskanassasin Posts: 4,974
    News saying he was found with one arm over his chest, suggesting he suffered from a heart attack. Let's wait for the report, could take weeks.

I guess my point is who cares, and what business is it of ours?  He seemed like a great guy.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 12,021

I guess my point is who cares, and what business is it of ours?  He seemed like a great guy.
    Agree 100%
  • fishlessmanfishlessman Posts: 28,604
    bill cosby is americas dad...........
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • Ozzie_IsaacOzzie_Isaac Posts: 12,879

💯 Agree.  Just like Robin Williams.  The mean ones live longer it seems.
    If it is worth doing, it is worth overdoing.

Some Eggs, some Weber stuff, the occasional Traeger, and various other things that make flames and hold coals.
  • nolaeggheadnolaegghead Posts: 39,121
    I just hope he got to delete his browser history....
    Grand Rapids MI
  • GulfcoastguyGulfcoastguy Posts: 4,743
    kl8ton said:
    I would hit Agree.  Seems wrong to "like" brain aneurysm.  
    Considering the downward spiral my grandmother took with the other type of strokes from 1967 to 1973, I could "like" a brain aneurysm . At least it seems to be quick and he might not even had known that anything was happening.
  • LegumeLegume Posts: 12,021
    So many doctors.
  • Mark_B_GoodMark_B_Good Posts: 924

I care more for his family ... he's gone.  But I think some people in the world need closure ... not sure why, ask a psychologist. LOL.
    Napoleon Prestige Pro 665, XL BGE, Lots of time for BBQ!
  • GATravellerGATraveller Posts: 8,193
    Very sad. He was a funny dude. 

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community [...] but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots."

-Umberto Eco

2 Large
    Peachtree Corners, GA