Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Advertising the BGE in The Netherlands - clever, I'd say!

Options
RRP
RRP Posts: 25,897
My niece and her daughter both of whom have lived in The Netherlands (Holland  =)) for many years visited us this week.

For years now my niece has told me that over there the BGE is VERY popular and that popularity is growing leaps and bounds! 

Yesterday she gave me these postcards (back side is like ours for adding the address and a short personal note). These are  a common practice and form of advertising in Holland. They are FREE for the taking! 

Here is the first batch...

Then here are some more...

Then since there are also bilingual residents living there here are some more subtle ones in English...

These cards are VERY well printed and many of them actually have full recipes on the back side.

What I really liked was how clever they just "might" introduce the BGE to others, via simple Happy Birthday greetings!

BTW my two nieces said there are more and more restaurants which advertise that they ONLY serve food cooked on BGEs!
Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.

Comments

• buzd504
    buzd504 Posts: 3,824
    Options
    As of December 2019 or, there is a restaurant in the red light district in Amsterdam that has 2-3 XL BGEs.  I have photos somewhere, although we didn't eat there...
    NOLA
  • iudex
    iudex Posts: 79
    Options
    The marketing machine in Holland/Belgium has been working at an insane level, convincing regular Joes (pun slightly intended) to buy into them.

Knowing how expensive they are over here, they are doing a damn good job (looking into buying a second large myself)!
  • JohnInCarolina
    Options
    Pretty neat, Ron.   Happy New Year buddy!
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,391
    Options
    @Langner91 - well played right there!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    Beautiful work @SGH
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• SGH
    SGH Posts: 28,791
    Options
    Beautiful work @SGH
    Thank you brother. Going to start on a cleaver tomorrow.  

Location- Just "this side" of Biloxi, Ms.

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• Botch
    Botch Posts: 15,487
    Options
    SGH said:
    Stunning!  Nice work, Scottie; I didn't know you were blacksmithing too.  

"Pro-Life" would be twenty students graduating from Sandy Hook next month  

• RRP
    edited January 2022
    Options

Happy New Year, Scottie! 
  • SGH
    Options
    Botch said:
    SGH said:
    Stunning!  Nice work, Scottie; I didn't know you were blacksmithing too.  
    Thanks brother. I’m certainly no pro. But I like to tinker a little. Unfortunately due to current oil industry I have a lot of time on my hands to piddle. 

Status- Standing by.

The greatest barrier against all wisdom, the stronghold against knowledge itself, is the single thought, in ones mind, that they already have it all figured out. 

• SGH
    Options
    Botch said:
    Scottie; I didn't know you were blacksmithing too.  
    Im actually not a blacksmith. But I was a welder/fabricator for over 20 years. Even did a little underwater. 

Status- Standing by.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    SGH said:
    @RRP
    Ron I apologize for the hijack, but I wanted you to see this. You seem like you like handmade things. Here is I knife I put the finishing touches on today. Made from a bearing off a old pan plow.  

How it started out. 

Finished product. 

That is unbelievable.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • SGH
    Options
    Come on man, share the process!! 
    I’m starting a cleaver either tomorrow or Monday. I will gladly share some pics since folks seem interested 👍

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    Options
    SGH said:
    Come on man, share the process!! 
    I’m starting a cleaver either tomorrow or Monday. I will gladly share some pics since folks seem interested 👍
    Cool, Scottie, then why not start your own thread?
  • SGH
    Options
    RRP said:
    Cool, Scottie, then why not start your own thread?
    Because I like hijacking yours  =)
    Just kidding buddy. My intent was to show you the knife. Thought you might like it. With that said, I will post the cleaver pictures elsewhere. Again my apologies for the non intentional hijack.  

Status- Standing by.

• SGH
    Options
    But before I go I would like to say anus at least one time. Anus. 

Status- Standing by.

• RRP
    Options
    Robin and Tara, 
    Thanks for the cards…and insight from The Netherlands. I think the eggers here enjoyed them!
    Uncle Ron