Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Rural Internet - TMobile 5G to the rescue

Options
124»

Comments

• alaskanassasin
    alaskanassasin Posts: 7,669
    Options

1/4” bolt heads fit perfectly in the slot on the antenna and I notched the back of the post for the lock. I drilled the bottom of the pipe and ran a 6 piece of steel horizontally so it wouldn’t spin and pushed it into the ground with my tractor. 
    Is the cable in the dish replaceable, or is it hard wired in?
    Replaceable i bought a 75’ cable and it came with a 50’ I think.  I went ahead and trenched the 75 cable in so if we are mobile I can take the antenna, 50’, and  it comes with a stand that sits on the ground plus the router.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options
    Just about the easiest thing to set up, download the app, hit setup, pick network name and password and your done.
    South of Columbus, Ohio.

• alaskanassasin
    Options

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• jonessteave
    jonessteave Posts: 78
    edited September 2023
    Options
    HeavyG said:
    caliking said:
    T mobile has been great for my use but swmbo works from home and there is too much swing in the performance. She gets booted from meetings although it seems to be working lately. Figures lte internet home.   I just ran a test 128mbs.

I decided to drive a post rather than put the satellite on my roof, Ill update when its up and running.
    I was just about to suggest mounting it on a post. Back in the day, folks living in apartments would mount satellite dishes for TV/cable on posts or some kind of fabbed stand set up in the balcony. 

it hurts me when I have to drill holes in my house. 
    The main advantage of roof mounting is that you have the ability to point to the sky in all directions. Starlink is not like a fixed dish like with satellite tv service which points to a geostationary satellite. The Starlink antenna will steer itself to find signals. 
    I'm assuming Starlink gives some guidance on what parts of the sky it needs to see and post mounting is likely not a problem (some people use these placed right on the ground) as long as you generally have a clear view towards the south or wherever they suggest.
    I'm with you tho - I'd not mount one on my roof. If I had to place one up high I'd get an antenna mount that attaches to the side of the building.
    We live in the boonies and are limited on our internet services. T Mobile recently put up a tower 1/2 mile or less from my house and my neighbor has their wireless internet. He gets great speeds so I have ordered it. I did confirm their router has 2.4 and 5 ghz signals but I also know the Traegers can be a bit picky. As long as my speeds are the same as my neighbors (or even close) and my security cameras and Traeger connects OK I'll be set. I jus really hope my 780 will connect to it without any issues. I have had it for over a year and so far I have not had any internet issues that some others have had. My current provider charges 60.00 per month and I get about 5 mgbs download speed. T Mobile is 50.00 a month unlimited data and my neighbor is getting over 100 mgbs download speed. Best thing is they have no fees for the equipment, no installation and no cancelation fees if it doesn't work. They also said their "no contract" includes a lifetime price. No matter how fast their speeds get my price will always be 50.00 per month. Seemed too good to be true but my neighbor loves it. Ill know in a couple days. I called them they are shipping me the stuff and and if I like it it's 50.00 a month, if it doesn't work as advertised or I am ever not happy just quit paying it and we are done.
  • alaskanassasin
    Options
    ^^^^^ you son of a biotch. can @The_Buffalo delete this bot? 

that is crossing a line!

South of Columbus, Ohio.

• JohnInCarolina
    Options

that is crossing a line!

"I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • Buckwoody Egger
    Options

that is crossing a line!

Very clever of you to find that!  Looking at that account’s other comments and pasting another eggheadforum comment in google search shows another word for word copy. 

https://www.hearth.com/talk/threads/creative-ideas-for-ash-disposal-in-yard.191571/

Seems possible certainly for a bot to find its way through log in and Quote/reply/etc. but I would be curious if this is a non-English human guest.  There is another comment where they nested a url. Which is a great reason for eggheadforum.com to have the intermediary “you are leaving our site” opportunity for a stop gap.  We are now fish in the worlds digital barrel with fiber optic line and clickbait hooks. 
  • rekameohs
    Options

my neighbor is getting over 100 mgbs download speed. Best thing is they have no fees for the equipment, no installation and no cancelation fees if it doesn't work. 
    I just cancelled my service after a few months with them.  When it worked, it worked well (100+ Mbps).  During times of congestion, the speed could drop below 1 Mbps.  It made streaming services unwatchable.

I opened a ticket, and actually spoke with a knowledgeable tech.  He said he did see blips at the cell tower and referred the issue to the RF team.  After a few weeks of non-response, I gave up.

I have had TMobile cellular for years and really like the company.  I may check back in a few months and see if things have improved.
    Raleigh, NC