Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg to Experience our World of Flavor™ at:
Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Recipe Name list

Options
I tried to go to the greeneggers.com and can't seem to connect. I thought I would try here to look for a recipe for Prime rib that I used in the past. I select the cookbook tab above and all it does is connect to a forum with cookbook topics and not a list of recipes. Does anyone here know what happened to know what happened with the greeneggers.com website?

Sorry if this isn't allowed. It was always my go to for these old recipes.

Comments

• JohnInCarolina
    Options
    @RRP might know.
    "I've made a note never to piss you two off." - Stike
  • lousubcap
    lousubcap Posts: 32,332
    Options
    I am in no position to comment on the history and how things look/went behind any BGE forum sites. But to help you out-give the search function on this site a look and you will be saturated with prime rib info.
    If that doesn't work for you, then go to google and enter your query followed by Big Green Egg.  That should deliver the goods.
    BTW- welcome aboard and you have obviously enjoyed the journey to date.
    Feel free to engage as you wish.  Happy Thanksgiving!
    Louisville; Rolling smoke in the neighbourhood. # 38 for the win.  Life is too short for light/lite beer!  Seems I'm livin in a transitional period.
  • Carolina Q
    Carolina Q Posts: 14,831
    Options
    greeneggers has been down for about a week now. don't know if that means it's gone forever or if it's just the usual 'webmaster not paying attention'.

I hate it when I go to the kitchen for food and all I find are ingredients!                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Michael 
    Central Connecticut 

• egret
    egret Posts: 4,170
    Options
    See if you can find it here: https://wjhall3.wixsite.com/green-egg-recipes
    I'd start looking in some of the Eggtoberfest recipe files.
  • RRP
    RRP Posts: 25,888
    Options
    My guess is the old forum is finally gone. 

But @OKegger, do you recall anything unique to that recipe that might trigger someone else's memory so that they may dig into their files to help you?
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • loco_engr
    loco_engr Posts: 5,765
    Options
    greeneggers has been down for about a week now. don't know if that means it's gone forever or if it's just the usual 'webmaster not paying attention'.
    CQ . . . I tried the 3 ways of contacting WPB, none of them went thru  :|
    aka marysvilleksegghead
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021 (sold 8/24/23)
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • fishlessman
    fishlessman Posts: 32,740
    edited November 2021
    Options
    OKegger said:
    I tried to go to the greeneggers.com and can't seem to connect. I thought I would try here to look for a recipe for Prime rib that I used in the past. I select the cookbook tab above and all it does is connect to a forum with cookbook topics and not a list of recipes. Does anyone here know what happened to know what happened with the greeneggers.com website?

Sorry if this isn't allowed. It was always my go to for these old recipes.

my feeling is that greeneggers is done, very little posting there the last few years.  your best chance to find an old recipe would be to message richard, but he has not been here for a couple years.  he probably has the recipe you are looking for if his links still work

you could post something about prime rib recipes here though, this site has some extremely great recipes, better than most of the documented recipes on the other site
    fukahwee maine

you can lead a fish to water but you can not make him drink it
  • fishlessman
    Options
    just noticed that if you go to the beef section here and start on pages around 77/78 and older that the old recipes are there. when bge took over this forum they robbed the old one blind, they took the old recipes. heres an example from page 78 on philly cheese steaks in the old format with notes, servings, cook times

fukahwee maine

• Eggdicted_Dawgfan
    Options
    @fishlessman that’s cool,  how did you get to those late pages? And why are there no responses to those posts? Oh maybe it’s because I’m on a phone is why I can’t pick what page to see? 
    Snellville, GA

• danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 684
    Options
    @OKegger try this google search:

site:greeneggers.com prime rib

When you get the results, click on the three vertical dots and click the "cached page" and you'll get something like this:

http://webcache.googleusercontent.com/search?q=cache:1IA07ymCzJ4J:www.greeneggers.com/index.php?option=com_recipes&Itemid=68&func=detail&id=1026&fontstyle=f-larger+&cd=6&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=us
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • danhoo
    danhoo Posts: 684
    Options
    And there is the wayback machine...

https://web.archive.org/web/*/greeneggers.com
    current: | Large BGE |  Genesis 1000 | Genesis E330 | 22 inch Kettle | Weber Summit Kamado
    sold:| PitBoss pro 820  WSM 22 
  • fishlessman
    Options
    @fishlessman that’s cool,  how did you get to those late pages? And why are there no responses to those posts? Oh maybe it’s because I’m on a phone is why I can’t pick what page to see? 

probably the phone.  no responses because its a recipe section from the old original forum and not an open forum when you go back that far in the beef topic section here
    fukahwee maine