Big Green Egg - EGGhead Forum - The Ultimate Cooking Experience...
Welcome to the EGGhead Forum - a great place to visit and packed with tips and EGGspert advice! You can also join the conversation and get more information and amazing kamado recipes by following Big Green Egg at:

Want to see how the EGG is made? Click to Watch

Facebook  |  Twitter  |  Instagram  |  Pinterest  |  Youtube  |  Vimeo
Share your photos by tagging us and using the hashtag #BigGreenEgg.

Houston peeps

cazzycazzy Posts: 9,136
edited October 7 in EggHead Forum
A friend of a friend is selling a large egg that he won from his job (Coke).  There is a process to follow that will allow you to register it for the warranty.  He is asking $700.  Not sure if that’s a good price, but let me know if you want his number to speak with him and possibly negotiate.

Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....

Comments

• Photo EggPhoto Egg Posts: 11,164
    Nice of you to post this here for your friend
    Thank you,
    Darian

Galveston Texas
  • lkapigianlkapigian Posts: 8,208
    Hola @cazzy
    Visalia, Ca

LGBE- Pit's by Klose Trailer -Stumps XL Stretch - Custom Santa Maria-Modified HD Offset Smoker Reverse Flow- FatStack Smoker FS120 coming soon FatStack 500- Blackstone 36 Blackstone 22 - Custom Cold Smoke House and a lonely Brinkman Vertical Smoker
  • cazzycazzy Posts: 9,136
    lkapigian said:
    Hola @cazzy
    Sup brother!?
    Just a hack that makes some $hitty BBQ....
  • RRPRRP Posts: 24,147
    I’d jump on that in a heartbeat if it was near me…not because I need it, but at that price it would make a GREAT wedding gift to second marriage folks who don’t need more dishes, pots & pans, nor linens! Personally BGEs are appreciated more by older folks!
    Re-gasketing America one yard at a time.
  • TechsasJimTechsasJim Posts: 202
    I’ll check with a buddy of mine.  He was over last night asking how much mine cost.  I think he’s about done using his stick burner.  
    LBGE, HCI 9.4, SE Texas
  • loco_engrloco_engr Posts: 4,981
    IMHO . . . seems high since it doesn't look it comes with nest & mates & ash tool.
    aka marysvilleksegghead, moved to Basehor,KS 2/26/2021
    Lrg 2008
    mini 2009
    XL 2021
    Henny Youngman:
    I said to my wife, 'Where do you want to go for our anniversary?' She said, 'I want to go somewhere I've never been before.' I said, 'Try the kitchen.'
    Bob Hope: When I wake up in the morning, I don’t feel anything until noon, and then it’s time for my nap
  • calikingcaliking Posts: 15,702
    That's not a terrible price to start at. I paid $750ish for my LBGE (no nest, or other accessories) 11 yrs ago. This is NIB, supposedly with transferable warranty. 

#1 LBGE December 2012 • #2 SBGE February  2013 • #3 Mini May 2013
    A happy BGE family in Houston, TX.